In publica commoda

Overview of the enrolment documents

Please submit the following documents to the University of Göttingen if you wish to enrol at the University. Please choose the study programme you would like to enrol for (undergraduate programme - Bachelor/State Examination or graduate programme - Master/Ph.D.) at the drop down menu and upload all required documents via our upload-portal.

Enrolment: Bachelor/State Examination

  • Evidence of German language proficiency (not for Molecular Ecosystem Sciences/Bachelor) corresponding to a successfully completed DSH-2-examination (for some study programs DSH-3 is required) or to a certified alternative examination
  • Verification from a health insurance company for student health insurance or a statement that you are "exempt from insurance or not obligated to be insured"
  • Receipt of payment of semester fees, please check this page
  • Copy of the passport and valid residence permit

Under certain circumstances:

  • Verification of withdrawal (only for students who were already enrolled at another German institute of higher education)
  • Notarized copy of the last university degree (original and translation)
  • Further proof of language proficiency: Proof of the respective language for the following subjects: English, French and Spanish (concerning the following study programs: Business and Human Resource Education, B.A. (2 subjects) and B.A. (two subjects/teaching profession profile)) For further information please contact the Central Student Advisory Service

Enrolment: Master/Ph.D.

  • Admittance as a doctoral student by the Dean of the relevant faculty (or by his authorized representative)
  • Copy of your degree certificate (Bachelor, Diploma, Master, State Examination)
  • Original insurance certificate for students from a state-regulated health insurance scheme (AOK, BVV, DAK, etc.). Please inform yourself about the terms of membership in the various state-regulated health insurance schemes. Students covered by private health insurance must obtain a certificate from a state-regulated health insurance scheme stating that they are exempt from social health insurance ("Befreiung von der Pflichtversicherung").
  • If required: Evidence of semesters studied at German universities (confirmation of periods of study)
  • If required: certificate from the lectorate "German as a foreign language" (Lektorat Deutsch als Fremdsprache) as evidence of adequate language proficiency (DSH - German language test for university admission) or exemption from the DSH test by the Dean of Studies in writing