Integrated research training group (IRTG)
In addition to the fundamental research in the individual projects of the Collaborative Research Center (CRC), the Integrated Research Training Group (CRC-IRTG) offers the doctoral students a comprehensive program in basic energy science and key skills. The CRC-IRTG is a part of the Georg August University School of Sciences (GAUSS).
The CRC-IRTG aims
- to overcome scientific and cultural barriers between the various disciplines involved in an interdisciplinary CRC.
- to provide a framework of a well-balanced, structured doctoral education while promoting scientific independence.
- to prepare the CRC-IRTG students for their career perspectives in academia or industries.
The CRC-IRTG offers
- annual workshops that bring together all members.
- a regular biweekly CRC colloquium series, where the PHD students are encouraged to suggest external expert guests.
- advanced methods and topics courses to familiarize students with various analytical techniques and experimental and theoretical methods.
- biweekly seminars organized and arranged by the graduate students of the CRC-IRTG.
- financial and organizational support for research stays at foreign partner laboratories.
- financial and organizational support for soft skill courses, that are of particular interest to doctoral students of CRC-IRTG.
- training in good scientific practice and related topics like correct documentation and data management.