I am a visiting researcher at the University of Gottingen from June 2021. My research mainly focuses on vegetation indices and evapotranspiration using remote sensing. I am also interested in irrigation management and crop modeling. I have collaborated on several water management projects so far. My current project calculates the actual evapotranspiration and grain yield via different vegetation indices and energy balance models in the south of Iran. This project compares actual in-situ evapotranspiration with RS ones and drives a model to achieve the grain yield.
- M. Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, F. Razzaghi and SH. Zand-Parsa. The effect of water irrigation and nitrogen levels on yield and water use efficiency of new variety of barley. (submitted to Irrigation science)
- Babak Zolghadr-Asli, Maedeh Enayati, Hamid Reza Pourghasemi, Mojtaba Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, John P. Tiefenbacher. A linear/non-linear hybrid time-series model to investigate the depletion of inland water bodies. Environment, Development, and Sustainability (2021). DOI:10.1007/s10668-020-01081-6
- Babak Zolghadr-Asli, Maedeh Enayati, Hamid Reza Pourghasemi, Mojtaba Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, John P. Tiefenbacher. Application of Granger-causality to study the climate change impacts on the depletion patterns of inland water bodies. Hydrological Sciences Journal (2021). DOI:10.1080/02626667.2021.1944633
- M. Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, F. Razzaghi and SH. Zand-Parsa. Optimization of applied water and nitrogen for barley in a semi-arid region. Agriculture water management journal. Irrigation and Drainage (2020). DOI:10.1002/ird.2452
- Sajad Jamshidi, Shahrokh Zand-parsa, Mojtaba Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, and Dev Niyogi. Application of a simple MODIS-Landsat fusion model to estimate evapotranspiration over a heterogeneous sparse vegetation region. Remote Sensing (2019). DOI:DOI:10.3390/rs11070741
- Hamidreza Mosaffa, Mojtaba Sadeghi, Iman Mallakpour, Mojtaba Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, Hamid Reza Pourghasemi. ‘Application of machine learning in Hydrology’. Accepted in ‘Computers in Earth and Environmental Sciences’. Elsevier.
- Maryam Naghdizadegan Jahromi, Mojtaba Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, Hamid Reza Pourghasemi, Shahrokh Zand-Parsa, Sajad Jamshidi (2021) ‘Accuracy assessment of forest mapping in MODIS land cover dataset using fuzzy set theory’. Forest Resources Resilience and Conflicts. Elsevier. DOI:10.1016/B978-0-12-822931-6.00012-5
- Mojtaba Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, Maryam Naghdizadegan Jahromi, Babak Zolghadr-Asli, Hamid Reza Pourghasemi, Seyed Kazem Alavipanah (2020) ‘Google Earth Engine and its application in forest sciences’. Spatial Modeling in Forest Resources Management: Rural Livelihood and Sustainable Development. Springer. DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-56542-8_27
- M. Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, (2020) A review of the application of remote sensing in desert science. Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology of Agricultural Sciences, Natural Resources and Environment of Iran. Tehran, Iran.
- M. Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, (2020) Spatial Surveying of Groundwater Quality Index of Larestan City using Geographic Information System (GIS). 3rd international conference of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment, Tehran, Iran.
- Razzaghi F, Henriksen S, Naghdyzadegan Jahromi M, Andersen M, Jacobsen S (2017) Potential of quinoa production in humid and dry regions under different irrigation and soil conditions: Denmark and Iran " Quinoa for Future Food and Nutrition Security in Marginal Environments. 6-8 Dec., Dubai, 2017.
- M. Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, F. Razzaghi and SH. Zand-Parsa (2016) Barley water and nitrogen requirement to increase its sustainable production in semi-arid region. ICID. 6-8 Nov. 2016, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- M. Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, F. Razzaghi and SH. Zand-Parsa (2016) Barley grain nitrogen concentration as affected by drought. ISPG 2016, International Symposium on Role of Plant Genetic Resources on Reclaiming Lands and Environment Deteriorated by Human and Natural Action. 16-20 May 2016, Shiraz, Iran.
- M. Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, SH. Zand-Parsa and F. Razzaghi (2015) Improving barley production by optimizing water and nitrogen under land and water limit conditions. TROPENTAG 2015, International Research on Food Security, Natural Resource Management and Rural Development. 16-18 Sept. 2015, Berlin, Germany (Awarded).
- M. Naghdyzadegan Jahromi, F. Razzaghi and SH. Zand-Parsa (2014) Effects of Nitrogen fertilizer on growth and yield of barley. Presented as poster in the second national conference on farm water management. 21 Oct. 2014, Karaj, Iran.