PhD position - ID 100673
Applications are open for one PhD position in the group of Dr. Christian Sindlinger within the German Research Foundation (DFG)-funded Research Training Group 2455 “BENCh – Benchmark Experiments in Numerical quantum Chemistry”. The application window is open till 20.03.2020.
The position is remunerated with 65% E 13 TV-L (corresponding to 25.87 hours per week) with a limited contract of 3 years. The earliest starting date will be 01.04.2020.
Read the official announcement
The Sindlinger group at the Faculty of Chemistry at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen welcomes applications for a
Ph.D. position (all genders welcome)
in the German Research Foundation (DFG)-funded Research Training Group 2455 “BENCh – Benchmark Experiments in Numerical Quantum Chemistry”. The application window will be open till 20.03.2020. The position is remunerated with 65 % E 13 TV-L (corresponding to 25.87 hours per week) with a limited contract of 3 years. The earliest starting date will be 01.04.2020.
• You hold (or are in the process of concluding) a Master’s degree in Chemistry,
• are proficient in English,
• are willing to travel and collaborate with partners and the research group,
• have a strong background in synthetic organometallic chemistry of very sensitive compounds,
• have profound skill in spectroscopic methods or physical organic chemistry.
The Sindlinger group is a primarily synthetic research group. In the proposed project, the PhD student will study reactive main-group heterocycles regarding several experimentally accessible observables. Their spectroscopic and thermodynamic properties will serve as benchmark for theoretical modelling. Ideally, the candidate has a strong background in synthetic organic and organometallic chemistry including the handling of sensitive compounds and has first insight into computational chemistry. The applicant should be willing to learn high-level quantum chemical methods in collaboration with the project partners.
The BENCh Research Training Group (BENCh RTG) consists of a high-level research programme aiming to provide landmark experiments for quantum chemical methods benchmarking. The students under the program will benefit from a wide variety of lab techniques in order to conceive and execute challenging experiments. For more information consult the official homepage http://bench.uni-goettingen.de.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Your application must include:
• curriculum vitae including information on posters, presentations, awards (and publications, if applicable)
• motivation letter for the advertised project
• certificates of studies (if a degree is not yet completed you may also provide a document listing your current grades)
• two references (name and contact information of two senior researchers)
• please refer to “Bench Project F” in the application and combine all attachments in only one pdf document
The documents are to be submitted by electronic form (single PDF file) up to 20.03.2020, using the online submission portal of the Georg-August University Göttingen: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/uni/uzdv/perso/knr_100673.nsf
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).