A core area of economic research in Göttingen is the area of International Integration and Development Economics. Further emphasize is put on the analysis of decision-making processes and Incentives.
Research is made available through four Discussion Paper Series.
The research area of International Integration and Development Economics maintains a special focus on topics as
- Analysis of the European Integration Process
- Poverty research in developing countries
- Issues of International Trade
- The effects of globalization on political decision making processes at national level.
- Global aspects of taxation
- Monetary integration in Europe
- Tax-based competition among EU and non-EU countries
- Questions of division of labour between developing countries -especially in Latin America
The most important fields of research in the area of Governance include
- Economics of Institutions
- Economic Analysis of small and medium-sized enterprises ("Mittelstand")
- Environmental Economics
- European Governance
- Financial implications of the German federal system