Selected talks and presentations
- "How to hijack a stathood movement? Gorkhaland, domant parties and 'aware citizens'". Talk at the North Bengal University, Siliguri, 28.8.2015
- "New parties and old demands ? Observations on the Gorkhaland movement after 2007". Talk at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Delhi, 11. July 2012.
Presentations and organised sessions at conferences
- "States of exception. Contested politics in the central-eastern Himalayan borderland" (together with Mona Chettri). Panel at the 23rd European Conference on South Asian Studies in Zürich, 23.-26. July 2014
- "Developing control: the reconfiguration of space and the making of development on the ground" (together with Pia Hollenbach, Sebastian Homm, Matthäus Rest). Panel at the 22nd European Conference on South Asian Studies in Lisbon, 25.-28. July 2012
- "Supporting poor parties? Anti-political visions and social movements in Darjeeling". Presentation at the British Association of South Asian Studies Annual Conference in Nottingham, 19.-21.4.2017
- "Between 'jana andolan' and party-politics. Questioning the movement character of the Gorkhaland agitation". Presentation at the South Asian Conference in Madison, 22.10.2015
- "Contesting authority in Darjeeling. The politics of Gorkhaland". Presentation at the research colloquium at the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), Delhi, 15 September 2014.
- "Political cultures in 'Gorkhaland'. The state, criminal leaders, and (the limits) of money and muscle power". Presentation at the 23rd European Conference on South Asian Studies in Zürich, 23.-26. July 2014
- "Contesting spaces. Gorkhaland and the struggle over Darjeeling's geographies." Presentation at the South Asia research colloquium, University of Oxford, 25 November 2013.
- "'There is one rule here: the ruling party rules.' Gaining legitimacy through the appropriation of development funds in Darjeeling". Presentation at the workshop "Producing legitimacy: governance against the odds", University of Cambridge, 22.-23. April 2013.
- "'There is one rule here: the ruling party rules'" - The illicit economy of development funds in Darjeeling". Presentation at the Annual Meeting 2013 of the Association of American Geographers in Los Angeles, 9.-13. April 2013
- "All Development goes through the party" - Development as a strategy in the struggle over 'Gorkhaland'". Presentation at the 22nd European Conference on South Asian Studies in Lisbon, 25.-28. July 2012
- "Contested imaginations of Darjeeling. Gorkhaland as an "alternative geography"? Presentation at the workshop: "Performing identity: Ethnicity and ethno-nationalism in the South-east Asian borderland region of North-east India", Georg August Universität Göttingen, 15.-17. December 2011
- "Diasporic imaginations of Darjeeling. Gorkhaland as an 'alternative geography'?" Presentation at the Seminar: "Nepali Diaspora in a global context", North Eastern Hill University Shillong, 28.-30. November 2011