Consulting for Academia, Industry, Commerce, and Administration
Statistical data analysis and modelling is a key instrument for the interpretation of experiments, surveys and observations. High quality results at minimal costs require a careful design of the experiments or the monitoring scheme, in advance. Sophisticated methods of data analysis and modelling are indispensable to ensure reliable identification of model parameters and prediction of unkown values.
Within the University, the Centre of Statistics aims to assure high quality standards for dealing with statistical questions. Beyond University, the Centre intends to spread knowledge and application of statistical good practice.
In particular, the Centre offers:
- Intermediation of statistical knowledge
- within the scope of bachelor and master courses
- within the PhD Certificate Programme Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods aiming at an additional qualification as statistician
- Consulting and project attendance
- for Bachelor, Master, and Diploma students
- for PhD students and staff of the University in Medical Statistics
- for industry, commerce and administration via StatLab