P1: CARMENES Spectroscopy
CARMENES is providing high-quality spectra between 550-1750nm. For their calibration Th-Ne, U-Ne and U-Ar hollow cathode lamps and Fabry-Pérot etalons are being used. For the calculation of RVs software already exists.
- Optimization of data reduction in the spectral range of VIS and NIR.
- Development of new methods for wavelength calibration of spectra.
- Improvement of algorithms to determine radial velocities up to 1m/s precision.
- General optimization of the survey's quality along with its assurance.
- For optimization of data reduction we are working on producing a consistent data set from CARMENES observations.
- Working on better codes for RV calculation.
- New methods for wavelength-calibration including telluric correction, non-linearity correction, slicer format extraction and an end-to-end spectrograph model are being worked on.
- Data quality is being analysed by checking the instrumental health, environmental data and the spectral quality.