Orientation Week for New Students
welcome to the Faculty of Business and Economics. We welcome all those who will begin their studies at our Faculty in the summer semester 2020. Unfortunately, due to the current Corona Pandemic, we were not able to welcome you personally during our orientation week. Instead, the faculty, the student council and the WiWi-O-Phase association have developed digital solutions. These include in particular:
- The online-based Math-Pre-course, that took place even before the start of lectures (31 March to 9 April)
- A virtual campus and city tour (in German)
- Information and game evenings using online video conferencing tools (before the start of the semester)
- Information and documents (in German) on the digital orientation week in the study organisation system Stud.IP (see below)
- Virtual first semester supervision via tandem programme (see below)
- For our international students, we organized a virtual faculty welcome meeting (PDF download: Information for international students in the summer semester 2020) via video conference and will offer further "digital events" during the summer semester (please see for example our facebook group exchange@wiwiunigoe). Next to these events you are also welcome to join our study buddy programme. Into the bargain, the University's international office provides information for international students on this website.
Virtual first semester supervision via tandem programme
In order to clarify questions that arise during the start of your studies, the student representatives of the faculty and the WiWi-O-Phase association are launching a tandem programme for first-semester students (Bachelor and Master students).
In this programme, you will be assigned a tandem partner. This partner is a student in the higher semester who is involved as member of the student representatives of the faculty or the orientation week club and would normally have accompanied you personally during your orientation week.
Your tandem partner is there to answer your questions and to help you during your first study experience. We will take your age and course of study into account when assigning you to a tandem partner. If you prefer to be accompanied by a male or female partner, please indicate this on the form.
The student representatives of the faculty and the WiWi-O-Phase association as well as your new tandem partner would be pleased if you participate in the tandem programme and take the opportunity to make first contact with new fellow students. The application for the tandem programme was open until 21 April 2020. In case of any questions or if you still would like to participate please contact the Faculty's student council (Fachschaft).
Stud.IP: Courses for freshmen
In the study organisation system Stud.IP (access via eCampus) you will also find two courses for new Bachelor and Master students. You can register for these courses to receive information and documents (in German) on the digital orientation week:
Bachelor: "WiWi Bachelor Erstsemester 2020"
Master: "WiWi Master Erstsemester 2020"
Both events are password protected. You will receive the password from your tandem partner or from the Faculty's student council (Fachschaft).
Information on how you as a newly enrolled student can apply for your student card and student account can be found here (Account/Chip Card -> Question: I am newly enrolled for the summer semester 2020. How do I get my account set up and my new chip card (student ID card)?). Please indicate in your e-mail that you need a chip card AND a student account.
The start of the 2020 summer semester has been set for April 20. The Faculty offers almost all of its courses planned for the summer semester digitally. If you have any questions regarding the start of your studies, you can also contact our student advisory service at any time. Current information from the faculty on teaching and exams in the summer semester can also be found here. We wish you a good start into the digital semester and look forward to the courses with you!