Student Advisory Service
We offer counselling to any questions regarding the study programmes in Computer Science and Applied Data Science at the Institute of Computer Science in Göttingen.
Important information concerning the Coronavirus!
The University of Göttingen has started teaching and examination activities in the summer semester on Monday, 20 April 2020, initially mainly in digital form - i.e. without attendance. Detailed information about individual courses and exams can be found in Stud.IP, UniVZ and FlexNow.
The staff of the Institute of Computer Science will continue to work in home office. You can contact them via e-mail. Also, the Office of the Dean of Studies of Computer Science including the study advisory service will remain closed until further notice. You can reach the study consultants by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information and telephone consultation hours are announced on our blog.
Please also note the university's information pages for students on the current situation. The websites are updated regularly.
(Last updated: 03.06.2020)
Applied Computer Science, Computer Science and Applied Data Science:
Dr. Verena Herbold
Dr. Henrik Brosenne
Dr. Anne-Kathrin Schultz
Office hours: Do. 9:00h - 10:30h oder n.V.
Contact: Dean of Studies - Team
Prof. Dr. Kerstin Strecker
Contact: Didaktik der Informatik
Topics with which you can come to us include:
- Study programmes at the Institute of Computer Science in Göttingen
- Structure and planning of your studies, e.g.,
- Study plans
- Selection of a specialization
- Mentoring model (in the degree programme Applied Computer Science M.Sc.)
- Compulsory study advisory service
- Questions about study and examination regulations
- Bachelor/Master theses
- Problems during studies
- Hardship applications (informal by e-mail to Heike Jachinke)
- Acceptance of external examinations
- Questions regarding key competencies
- Orientation for prospective students
- Students with subsidiary subject Computer Science
- Change of subject/reorientation
- Pregnancy/Maternity protection (contact: Anne-Kathrin Schultz)
- further personal topics like compatibility of academic studies and family, barrier-free studying, transgender, discrimination, etc.
Consultations are possible during our office hours or by appointment. For complex issues we recommend a consultation by appointment.
Applications for examination authorizations, research-oriented projects, internships and information on theses can be found on our documents page. Further applications such as hardship applications can be submitted informally, also by e-mail, with the necessary proofs. PLease submit all documents via our Study Administration Office.
For questions regarding our programme specializations and application fields please contact the representatives. Contact details can be found on the programme web pages.
Further advisory and information offices of the University of Göttingen can be found here: Advisory and Information Services for Students.