Prof. Dr. Welf WeigerAcademic education
|since 12/2016||Assistant Professor at the Chair of Marketing and Innovation Management, Georg-August-University of Göttingen|
|10/2010 - 12/2016||Research Assistant at the Chair of Marketing and Innovation Management, Georg-August-University of Göttingen.|
|Diploma thesis||Performance effects of salaries in sports: An empirical analysis of the impact of payment structures on athletic and corporate success|
|09/2003 - 05/2010||Studies of economic sciences at the University of Mannheim.
Focus: Marketing; E-Business and Distribution Systems; Statistics / Econometrics.
|06/2009 - 08/2009||Study abroad at the Boston University (USA)|
|01/2008 - 06/2008||Study abroad at the University of the West of Scotland (UK), Erasmus program|
|10/2007 - 10/2010||SAP AG, Walldorf
Student assistant and web developer in Online Marketing Services
|04/2009 - 07/2010||Department of Business Administration and Marketing II , Prof. H. Bauer, University of Mannheim
Student assistant in online support and IT- administration
|02/2007 - 08/2007||SAP Deutschland AG & Co KG, Walldorf
Working student in online Marketing
|08/2006 - 02/2007||SAP Deutschland AG & Co KG, Walldorf
Internship in online Marketing
|01/2004 - 12/2009||Weiger Design GmbH
Publications in Refereed Journals
- One App to Trace Them All? Examining App Specifications for Mass Acceptance of Contact-Tracing Apps, in: European Journal of Information Systems, forthcoming (with S. Trang, M. Trenz, M. Tarafdar, C. Cheung), Impact Factor: 3.20
- Competition versus Cooperation: How Technology-Facilitated Social Interdependence Initiates the Self-Improvement Chain, in: International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 37, No. 4, 2020 (with T. Wolf, S. Jahn, M. Hammerschmidt), Impact Factor: 3,32
- Toward a Theory of Spirals: The Dynamic Relationship Between Organizational Pride and Customer-Oriented Behavior, in: Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 48, No. 3, p. 1-22, 2020 (with T. Krämer, M. Gouthier, M. Hammerschmidt), Impact Factor: 9,36
- Experiences that Matter? The Motivational Experiences and Business Outcomes of Gamified Services, in: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 106, No. 1, p. 353-364, 2020 (with T. Wolf, M. Hammerschmidt) Impact Factor: 3.35
- Who’s pulling the strings? The motivational paths from marketer actions to user engagement in social media, in: European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 53, No. 9, p. 1808-1832, 2019 (with M. Hammerschmidt, H. Wetzel) Impact Factor: 1.50
- Don't You Dare Push Me: How Persuasive Social Media Tactics Shape Customer Engagement, in: Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, Vol. 3, No. 3, p.364-378, 2018 (with M. Hammerschmidt, H. Wetzel)
- Leveraging Marketer-Generated Appeals in Online Brand Communities: An Individual User-Level Analysis, in: Journal of Service Management, Vol. 28, No. 1, p. 133-156, 2017 (with H. Wetzel, M. Hammerschmidt), Impact Factor: 3.23
Publications in Refereed Proceedings
- A Streamer’s Stream: The What and How of Successful Social Live Streaming, in: 2020 AMA Winter Academic Conference Proceedings, San Diego, CA, USA, 2020 (with J. Giertz, M. Törhönen, J. Hamari), forthcoming.
- Same Same but Different? The Predictive Power of Association Types in Brand Buzz for Investor Returns, in: Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems, Munich, Germany, 2019 (with S. Fischer, M. Hammerschmidt)
- How Marketer-generated Content in Social Media Impacts Sales Along the Sentiment Cycle, in: Proceedings of the 41st ISMS Marketing Science Conference, Rome, Italy, 2019 (with O. Elshiewy and S. Jahn).
- Quantifying Investor Returns from Brand Buzz: The Interplay of Brand Buzz Aggregation and Dispersion Metrics, in: Marketing Strategy meets Wall Street VI Conference Proceedings, 2019 Fontainebleau, France, 2019 (with S.F. Fischer and M. Hammerschmidt).
- Another Dark Side of Gamification? How and When Gamified Service Use Triggers Information Disclosure, in: GamiFIN 2019 Conference Proceedings, Levi, Finland, 2019 (with S. Trang).
- Stand by me: Escaping the webrooming dilemma through integrating product presentation technologies and product reviews, in: AMA Summer Academic Conference Proceedings, Boston, MA, USA, 2018 (with N. Ahrend, M. Hammerschmidt, W. Toporowski)
- Gamified Services: How Gameful Experiences Drive Customer Commitment, in: GamiFIN 2018 Conference Proceedings, Pori, Finland, p. 75-82, 2018 (with T. Wolf, M. Hammerschmidt)
- Gamified digital services: How gameful experiences drive continued service usage, in: Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Vol. 51, p. 1187-1196, 2018 (with M. Hammerschmidt, T. Wolf)
- Antecedents and Outcomes of Sustainable Innovation: A Meta-Analytic Path Model, in: Proceedings of the 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Atlanta, USA, 2017 (with M. Hammerschmidt, Th. Jaskolka).
- Should Marketers Pull the Strings? How to Shape the Impact of Persuasion on Consumer Engagement in Social Media, in: Baker Retailing Center Conference Proceedings, Philadelphia, USA, The Wharton School, 2017 (with M. Hammerschmidt, H. Wetzel).
- Behavioral Engagement in Social Media: Measurement, Antecedents, and Purchase Consequences, in: Proceedings of the ISMS Marketing Science Conference, Los Angeles, USA, 2017 (with M. Hammerschmidt, W.W. Moe, H.A. Wetzel).
- Who is Pulling the Strings? The Role of Self-Determination in Shaping User Engagement through Marketer-Generated Content, in: Proceedings of the 24th Recent Advances in Retailing and Consumer Science Conference, European Institute of Retailing and Services Studies (EIRASS), Burnaby/Vancouver, BC, CA , 2017 (with M. Hammerschmidt, H. Wetzel).
- Signals From the Echoverse ? The Informational Value of Brand Buzz Dispersion, in: AMA Winter Marketing Academic Conference Proceedings, Orlando, FL, USA , 2017 (with S. Fischer, M. Hammerschmidt).
- Behavioral Engagement in Social Media: Measurement, Drivers and Impact on Purchase Behavior, in: Proceedings of the INFORMS Annual Meeting 2016, Nashville, TN, USA, 2016 (with W. Moe, H. Wetzel, M. Hammerschmidt).
- Any Chatter Matters: The Effects of Appeals on User Engagement and Brand Equity, in: AMA Winter Marketing Academic Conference Proceedings, Las Vegas, NV, USA , 2016 (with M. Hammerschmidt, H. Wetzel).
- The Rules of Regulation: Shaping User Engagement through Marketer Generated Content, in: Thought Leaders in Customer Engagement and Customer Relationship Management Conference, 2015, HEC, Paris (with M. Hammerschmidt, H. Wetzel)
- The Role of Self-determination in Social Media: Assessing its Drivers and its Impact on Content Generation, in: Proceedings of the 42nd EMAC Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, 2013 (with H. Wetzel, M. Hammerschmidt).
- Self-Determination in Social Media Channels: Antecedents & Impact on Content Generation, in: AMA Winter Educators Conference Proceedings, Las Vegas, NV, USA , 2013 (with H. Wetzel, M. Hammerschmidt).
- Integration vs. Regulation: What Really Drives User-generated Content in Social Media Channels?, in: AMA Summer Educators Conference Proceedings, Chicago, IL, USA , 2012 (with H. Wetzel, M. Hammerschmidt).
- Are We All Brand Managers? Understanding The Facets And Drivers Of Brand Democratization, in: Proceedings of the 41st EMAC Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, 2012 (with M. Hammerschmidt, H. Wetzel).
- Giving or Receiving in Social Media: Can Content Marketing Simultaneously Drive Productive and Consumptive Engagement?, in: Sprott, D. / Hollebeek, L. (Eds.): The Handbook of Research on Customer Engagement, Cheltenham, UK, 2019, p. 186-203 (with M. Hammerschmidt, T. Scholdra)
- So misst Du den Return on Social Media – Metriken für ein modernes Markenmanagement, in: SocialHub Mag, 6, p. 67-73, 2018 (with S. Fischer, M. Hammerschmidt, W., T. Schulze)