Commencement for the bachelor's and master's programmes of the Faculty of Business and Economics
At the end of every semester, there is an official graduation ceremony for students in the auditorium of Göttingen University in Wilhelmsplatz. In addition to speeches by faculty members and alumni and the awarding of graduation certificates with musical accompaniment, the best graduates in the fields of business administration, economics, business education and information systems are awarded the Florenz-Sartorius Prize.
Once a year (within the framework of the celebration in Spring), this prize is also awarded for an outstanding doctoral thesis in the fields of business administration, information systems, and business education; and another for the best dissertation from the fields of economics, statistics, econometrics, and economic and social history. Recipients each receive 1000 Euro funded by Sartorius AG of Göttingen. The company is an internationally leading provider of laboratory and process technology in the segments of biotechnology and mechatronics.
The celebration for winter semester 2018/2019 graduates will take place on Friday, 14 June 2019 in the auditorium at Wilhelmsplatz. The ceremony commences at 14:00.
- To participate, please complete the registration form on the right-hand side of this webpage [in German]. The registration deadline to participate in the graduation ceremony is Thursday, 6 June 2019. If you decide you would like to participate after the deadline has passed, please consult the examination office (Prüfungsamt) (Ms. Karin Wolters, see left).
- The registration is registered via the Alumni Göttingen e.V. Online Alumni Portal. Please note the instructions for registration listed there. After registration you will receive a confirmation email (in German). In case of technical problems, please contact Alumni Göttingen directly.
- If you have already received your degree/certificate, and would like it to be used in the ceremony on 14 June 2019, please return the physical degree by 11 June 2019 to the examination office (Prüfungsamt) which is located in the Oeconomicum building on the first floor.
- You will only receive your certificate at the ceremony if you have already completed the application to receive your certificate at the examination office (Prüfungsamt). For all questions relating to your degree and certificate, please contact Ms. Karin Wolters.
- The ceremony typically two hours, and graduates may select their own seating within the designated front rows. Guests may choose their own seats behind the designated rows for graduates.
- We ask that you limit the number of guests to about five people so that we do not exceed capacity of the auditorium.
- Immediately before the graduation ceremony, a group photo will be taken. These photos will be mailed by post after the ceremony. Individual photos of graduates receiving their certificates will be posted online on the faculty's flickr platform and maybe partly also on Facebook or Instagram. The photos later may be downloaded from flickr. If you do not agree with the publication of your photo in social media channels, please contact Gesche Quent before the ceremony and give a short description of yourself. The Data Protection Policy of Georg-August-Universität Göttingen applies.
- The winners of the Florenz-Sartorius Awards must be present at the ceremony.
- Following the ceremony, the faculty invites all attendees for a champagne reception in the "Alte Mensa" (Wilhelmsplatz).
- The ceremony will be held in German.
For your information:
The celebration for summer semester 2019 graduates will take place on Friday, 8 November 2019 in the auditorium at Wilhelmsplatz. The ceremony commences at 14:00.