Equal opportunities in the Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG)
The GGG implements this goal, among other things, in filling positions and awarding grants, where attention is paid to gender-competent and transparent design of selection procedures in addition to academic qualifications.
In addition, specific measures and counselling services aim to counteract the obstacles that still exist for women in science and for career development. The GGG supports childcare in cooperation with the Family Service, among others.
Moreover, the GGG family grant facilitates completion of the PhD alongside childcare or care for family members in a family context.
The diversity of PhD students is contributed by the concept of diversity-oriented support of PhD students.
You will find key information on equality here:
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity Unit
- Compatibility of Family Life and Acadmia
- Anti-Discrimination Counseling for students
- Counseling and support for trans students
- consultance in cases of sexual assault and harrasment and discrimation based on gender
- Legal frameworks (German)
- Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz (AGG) (German)
- The Research-Oriented Standards on Gender Equality of the DFG
- Toobox of the DFG Gender Equality in Research and Academia
- GEAR (Gender Equality in Research and Academia) des European Institute for Gender Equality
- IGAR-Tool (Integrating Gender Analysis into Research) des ERA GENDER-NET