Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences
Welcome to the GGG homepages!The Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is responsible for PhD students and their supervisors from the social science faculties. Here you can find more information about us...
Dates and News
- PhD students’ representatives of GGG since April 2023
- information sheet for supervisors of international PhD students
- New information web page for international PhD students
- new overview: Beratungsnetzwerk für Promovierende (English translation will appear soon)
Information about PhD funding
- Please consider the criteria for awarding GGG scholarships, which have been elaborated in November 2023.
- Support for self organized courses and networks!
- Application Deadlines for Grants of GGG
- Information about PhD funding (as at September 2021)
Four times a year GGG publishes a newsletter for PhD students and their supervisors in the social sciences as well as interested persons.
current newsletter 01|2024 (February 2024)
The next newsletter will be published on May 07, 2024.
archive of newletters and yearly reports
workshops and events
- GRADE eLearning tool “Good Academic Practice during Doctoral Studies”
- open for PhD students, too: Help Desk XXL - Virtual coaching on academic writing
- eResearch Alliance: news and events
- courses at the GWDG Academy (e.g. introduction to Python, R, CUDA and much else)
- for PhD students interested in entrepreneurship: university’s start-up support
- The Alumni Talk in a short retrospect: Career prospects in the field of “Mobility” after a doctorate
- Annual Report of GGG 2022 (German)
- Information Sheet on the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- GGG has published concept about Diversity to support PhD students
- Reading Advice: Managing your Mental Health
- Book your working space via ecampus