Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences
Welcome to the GGG homepages!The Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is responsible for PhD students and their supervisors from the social science faculties. Here you can find more information about us...
Dates and News
- The GGG office is working on your safety too. Please contact us via email preferentially: firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal contact should be avoided, but is possible if needed (with registration in advance, distancing and mask).
- You are welcome to contact our counseling services, e.g. the PhD Funding Guidance and the Helpdesk for International PhD students, via E-Mail email@example.com or by phone (39 28218).
- The course registration is open. Please register as usual.
- Counseling on statistics for PhD students is still active, online via BBB.
- Call for candidates until April 30,2021 - become part of the new PhD representative team at GGG!
The current PhD students’ representatives of GGG are Timo Albrecht and Florian Moritz until the end of June 2020.
- information web page for international PhD students
- additional course in April: Scientific Presentation: Getting it Right, online
- additional course in June: Project Management for PhD students, online
- course program 2021
Information provided by the PhD funding guidance
- Funding for projects aiming at international scientific cooperations (e.g. co-organized workshops) provided by the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture
- Application Deadlines for Grants of GGG
Four times a year GGG publishes a newsletter for PhD students and their supervisors in the social sciences as well as interested persons.
current newsletter 01|2021 (February)
The next newsletter will be published on May 11, 2021.
archive of newletters and yearly reports
workshops and events
- open for PhD students, too: Help Desk XXL - Virtual coaching on academic writing
- eResearch Alliance: news and events
- courses at the GWDG Academy (e.g. introduction to Python, R, CUDA and much else)
- for PhD students interested in entrepreneurship: university’s start-up support
- The Alumni Talk in a short retrospect: Career prospects in the field of “Mobility” after a doctorate
- The current PhD students representation established a mailinglist to improve the contact between GGG's PhD students. Subscribe here.
- Annual Report of GGG 2019 (German)
- Information Sheet on the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- GGG has published concept about Diversity to support PhD students
- Book your working space via ecampus