Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences
Welcome to the GGG homepages!
The Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is responsible for PhD students and their supervisors from the social science faculties. Here you can find more information about us...
Dates and News
- new information web page for international PhD students
- The open office hour for Funding guidance and International PhD students is on Tuesdays 8:30 am to 10:00 am. Just walk in!
- election of PhD students’ representatives July 19 to June 20 is finished and counted.
- current PhD students’ represeantatives: Julia Zilles and Benson Matawana. Here you can get to now the candidates and learn more about the 2019 election.
- Project inclusion for female PhD students with disabilities or chronic diseases
Information provided by the PhD funding guidance
- Funding for projects aiming at international scientific cooperations (e.g. co-organized workshops) provided by the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture
Four times a year GGG publishes a newsletter for PhD students and their supervisors in the social sciences as well as interested persons.
current newsletter 02|2019 (May 2019)
The next newsletter will be published on May 14, 2019.
archive of newletters and yearly reports
workshops and events
- The Alumni Talk in a short retrospect: Career prospects in the field of “Mobility” after a doctorate
- start-up support: semester program
summerschools, conferences, programs
- The current PhD students representation established a mailinglist to improve the contact between GGG's PhD students. Subscribe here.
- counseling on statistics for PhD students
- An overview of GGG’s offers in 2019 is given in the new pocket-sized format in this booklet. You can order it in print at the GGG-Office as well.
- Annual Report of GGG 2018 (German)
- Information Sheet on the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- GGG has published concept about Diversity to support PhD students
- Book your working space via ecampus