Training for PhD students
Today PhD students do not only receive support by their supervisors concerning their doctoral thesis supervisionInstead of just providing supervision for research theses. In addition as GGG we prepare PhD students for their future career in a more comprehensive way. This includes further studies in their discipline (at the social science faculties), methodological training, professional competences (inside and outside academia) and key skills.
Not only do we take our members' heterogeinity into account by offering courses dealing with "diversity" (e.g. on working diverse teams), but we also organize courses for special target groups (e.g. international PhD students). Courses are offered in mostly barrier-free premises; we choose our teachers with regard to diversity and ask them to prepare barrier-free course material. Need for assistance can be notified with GGG. Furthermore, we can arrange childcare during course times, so PhD students with children can take part in our courses.
Here you can find our qualification offers:
- Qualification portal for PhD students
(with a course overview for this year)
- Interdisciplinary Week of Methods
- Ethic and Security in international Research (WS 2022/23)
- Statistical Consulting for PhD Students, in particular on data collection, statistical modelling and statistical inference. (starts again in November 2022)
- Promotion of self-designed courses and networks by doctoral candidates
- Forum for Phd students as interdisciplinary network
- Open Workshops of the Section for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Certificate Programm of the Section for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Qualification for Science Management
- Qualification for Careers outside Academia
You will find information about further training oppurtunities at the "Qualifizierungsportal" for PhD students.