Horst-Henning Steinmann, Dr. sc. agr.
Horst Steinmann ist senior scientist and scientific coordinator. These are topics of current projects and activities:
- Weed management
- Farming systems
- Integrated plant protection
- Best practices of soil cultivation
- Agriculture and biodiversity
- Agri-Environment schemes
- Member of the advisory board on sustainable plant production at the Federal Authority for Consumer Protection and Food Safety
- Member of the national board of experts for the approval of pesticides (2004 - 2012)
- Project leader of the national project: Best Management Practice for glyphosate use
- Workpackage-Leader in the EU Projekt Catch-C
- Leader of several sub-projects within the framwork Climate Change Research for Lower Saxony (KLIFF)
- Sub-project leader within a national project on crop rotations with energy crops
- Administration of the project IMPAC³
- Vegetation science in the study program Bsc. Agrricultural sciences (together with J. Isselstein)
- Weed Biology and Weed Management
- Wiese, A., H.-H. Steinmann (2020): Yield effects associated with glyphosate use in non-GMO arable farming: A review. Crop Protection. in press, pre-proof.
- Stein, S., H.-H. Steinmann & J. Isselstein (2019): Linking Arable Crop Occurrence with Site Conditions by the Use of Highly Resolved Spatial Data. Land 8, 65; doi:10.3390/land8040065
- Stein, S., & H.-H. Steinmann (2018): Identifying crop rotation practice by the typification of crop sequence patterns for arable farming systems – A case study from Central Europe. European Journal of Agronomy, 92, 30-40 doi.org/10.1016/j.eja.2017.09.010.
- Wiese, A., M. Schulte, L. Theuvsen, & H.-H. Steinmann (2018): Interactions of glyphosate use with farm characteristics and cropping patterns in Central Europe. Pest Management Science, 74, 1155-1165, doi: 10.1002/ps.4542
- Edler, B., J. Bürger, L. Breitsameter, H.-H. Steinmann & J. Isselstein (2015): Growth responses to elevated temperature and reduced soil moisture during early establishment of three annual weeds in four soil types. J. Plant Diseases and Protection 122, 39-48.
- Steinmann, H.-H. & E.S. Dobers (2013): Spatio-temporal analysis of crop rotations and crop sequence patterns in Northern Germany: potential implications on plant health and crop protection. J. Plant Diseases and Protection 120, 85-94.
- Steinmann, H.-H., M. Dickeduisberg & L. Theuvsen (2012): Uses and benefits of Glyphosate in German arable farming. Crop Protection 42, 162-169.
- Ulber, L., S. Klimek, H.-H. Steinmann, J. Isselstein & M. Groth (2011): Implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of a payment scheme for environmental services from agricultural land. Environmental Conservation, 38, 464-472.
- Ulber, L., H.-H. Steinmann, S. Klimek & J. Isselstein (2009): An experimental on-farm approach to investigate the impact of diversified crop rotations on weed species richness and composition in winter wheat. Weed Research 49, 534-543.
- Klimek, S., A. Richter gen. Kemmermann, H.-H. Steinmann, J. Freese & J. Isselstein (2008): Rewarding farmers for delivering plant diversity in managed grasslands: an interdisciplinary case-study in central Germany. Biological Conservation 141, 2888-2897.
- Steinmann, H.-H. & L. Klingebiel (2004): Secondary dispersal, spatial dynamics and reproductive capacity of a recently introduced population of Bromus sterilis in an arable field. Weed Research 44, 388-396.
- Steinmann, H.-H. (2002): Impact of harrowing on the nitrogen dynamics of plants and soil. Soil Tillage Research 65, 53-59.
Expertise and services