Alexandr Railean, M.Sc.
I am passionate about computers and technology since early childhood. Throughout the years, I have developed an interest in cognitive psychology and nowadays I likes to hang out at the intersection of these fields (occasionally wandering into adjacent areas). I graduated from Technical University of Moldova and my current research focus is usable privacy in the Internet of Things. I have a decade of experience as a computer security software engineer and 6 years of lecturing at my alma mater and abroad.
- Internet of Things
- A. Railean and D. Reinhardt. Improving the Transparency of Privacy Terms Updates. Proceedings of the 9th Annual Privacy Forum (APF), 2021. Accepted for publication.
- A. Railean and D. Reinhardt. OnLITE: On-line Label for IoT Transparency Enhancement. Proceedings of the 25th Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems (NordSec), 2020. Acceptance rate for full papers: 33%. [PDF]
- J. Quintero, A. Railean and Z. Benenson. Acceptance Factors of Car Insurance Innovations: The Case of Usage-Based Insurance. Journal of Traffic and Logistics Engineering 8(2):45-55, 2020.
- A. Railean and D. Reinhardt. OnLITE: Online Label For Internet of Things Transparency Enhancement. Proceedings of the Open Day for Privacy, Usability, and Transparency (PUT), 2019. [PDF]
- A. Railean and D. Reinhardt. Let there be LITE: Design and Evaluation of a Label for IoT Transparency Enhancement. Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI Adjunct), 2018. [PDF]
- A. Railean and D. Reinhardt. Life-long Privacy in the IoT? Measuring Privacy Attitudes Throughout the Life-cycle of IoT Devices. Proceedings of the 12th IFIP Summer School on Privacy and Identity Management - The Smart Revolution. Privacy and Identity 2017. 2018. [PDF]