Prof. Dr. Waldemar Toporowski
Contact person: Denise Pape, M.Sc.
Target group: BWL B.Sc. 3-6, VWL B.A. 3-6, WiInf B.Sc. 3-6, JUR 2-4, INF B.Sc. 2-4 The course is part of the business administration specialisation in the Bachelor's programme. Course language: German Recommended previous knowledge: none Start Date: 19th April 2022
Admission requirements: No admission requirements.
Learning outcome / core skills: After successful completion of the course students are able to explain and apply the objectives, framework conditions and decisions relating to all areas of the marketing mix. Moreover, they are able to understand the basics of consumer behavior and market research. Building on this, students are capable of analyzing strategic decisions within a company and assessing the effects of the marketing-mix critically in a theory-based way.
Contents of the lecture:
- Conceptual basics of marketing
- Marketing decisions and management cycle
- Analysis of consumer behavior
- Market research
- Marketing objectives and strategies
- Product and product mix decisions
- Pricing decisions
- Communication decisions
- Distribution decisions
Time and place:
- The lecture will not take place in presence.
- Slides, literature and recordings of the lecture will be available for download in StudIP at the start of the semester.
- All tutorials will take place in presence. The situation will be evaluated constantly during the semester. They will not be recorded. They start in the 2nd week of the semester, from 25.4.2022, with the learning questions for chapters 1 and 2. Registration https://kleingruppen.as.wiwi.uni-goettingen.de/ is mandatory. Registration period from 19.4. 10:00 o'clock to 22.4. 10:00 o'clock. The allocation for the tutorials will happen in the afternoon of 22.4 via eMail.
- The allocation to the respective tutorial is binding!
- Date for the preliminary for the exam: The preliminary for the exam including the limitation of the content will be recorded by Prof. Toporowski and will be available in StudIP starting at the begin of July
- Tuesday, 9.08.2022
- There will be no second exam because the examination is offered every semester.
- Becker, J. (2013). Marketing-Konzeption. Grundlagen des ziel-strategischen und operativen Marketing-Managements (10. ed.). München, 103-107, 418-443.
- Esch, F.-R., Herrmann, A., & Sattler, H. (2013). Marketing – Eine managementorientierte Einführung (4. ed.). München.
- Simon, H. (1998): Preismanagement kompakt. Probleme und Methoden des modernen Pricing. Wiesbaden, 132-138.
Examination: Written Exam: 90Min (6CP) Examination requirements: Students are expected to understand strategical marketing-mix decisions, fundamentals of market research and consumer behavior.
Date of written exam:
Recommended references for the lecture:
Contents of the exercise: Case studies regarding the store location, retail format, assortment, price, communication, store design, and design of online shops. Accompanying modules: Tutorium Marketing The tutorials take place in small groups online via BigBlueButton as video conference stream. For further information see above and in the introductory session.
General references: The slides of the lectures can be found in StudIP. Current information can be found on the homepage. Links: Information about the lecture can be found in the UniVZ.