Mentoring programme for career entry (Brückenschlag+ project)
The project „Brückenschlag+“, which was managed by the Career Service of the University of Göttingen, took place in three passes from 2018 to 2020. It adressed different structurally disadvantaged groups – students with children, care responsibilities or health impairments as well as stundents with a (forced) migration background and first-generation college students. Its aim was to answer general questions related to career entry as well as more specific questions like the following:
- How can I explain the fact, that my my studies took more time than usual?
- When in the application process is the right time to mention my situation?
- How can I encounter prejudices more confidently?
Components of the programme
- Individual one-to-one mentoring
- Support of the programme’s coordinators
The programme's outcomes can be found on this website.