Euroculture Buddy Program
For the next semester, we are looking for young, energetic and open-minded people who wish to learn from others, exchange ideas and make new friends. Our students from all around the world need a hand to discover an entire new world and get accustomed to a whole new routine and environment.
As part of the Erasmus Mundus Masters Program Euroculture, around 20 international students come to Göttingen each year. The main desire they have is to get to know the local culture, a whole new country and new people. Being in contact with students from Göttingen (either Germans or international) is a wonderful opportunity for them.
We are therefore looking for buddies for our students. A buddy is basically a helpful person who supports Euroculture newcomers and helps them find their way around in Göttingen.
Your tasks would include:
• Contacting your buddy before arrival
• Assisting him/her once arrived in Göttingen (e.g. picking him/her up at the train station)
• Giving information about interesting events (e.g. cultural or sporting events)
• Showing your buddy the city and the student life
• Helping your buddy with any initial difficulties (organization of studies and everyday life in Göttingen, for example).
We are happy to provide you with an official reference letter once you will have completed your voluntary work. Being an “Euroculture Buddy” can also be counted towards the InDiGU project (Integration & Diversity at the University of Göttingen).
What do we offer?
• Numerous opportunities to get in touch and make new friends - both international and German students.
• Tandem opportunities to improve your language skills
• Taking part in Euroculture events ( academic lectures, dinners, dancing occasions, bowling, film evenings, etc.).
For all other questions you can also contact us directly: email@example.com.