LinG Colloquium Series
Winter Term 2018–19
If not announced otherwise, the LinG Colloquium will take place on Wednesdays, 4–6 pm (ct), in Seminar für Englische Philologie (SEP), Room 0.244 (Käte-Hamburger-Weg 3).
Talks will be announced regularly via the LinG mailing list and on this website (see below).
After the colloquia, there will be drinks and dinner.
This is a preliminary schedule that will be extended, and possibly altered, in the weeks to come.
- October 17: NO SESSION
- October 24: Sjef Barbiers (Leiden) — Syntactic doubling and deletion continued
- October 31: NO SESSION (public holiday)
- November 7: NO SESSION
- November 14: Andreas Pankau (FU Berlin) — Separating ‘n from denn – Evidence from Special Questions
- November 21: Hanna Kędzierska (Wrocław) — How does context influence the recognition of idioms?
- November 28: Anne Therese Frederiksen (UCSC) — Pronouns, space and implicit causality biases in American Sign Language
- December 5: NO SESSION due to FDSL 13
- December 12: Barbara Stiebels (Leipzig) — The role of polysemy in clausal embedding
- December 19: Okan Kubus, Elena Mpadanes & Stella von Randow (Hamburg) — Constructed Action (CA) in hearing late learners of German Sign Language (DGS) – Developing a sentence reproduction test (SRT)
- January 9: Cory Bill (Leibniz-ZAS Berlin) — Investigating children's interpretations of ‘Every … some’ sentences
- January 16: Mirko Santoro (CNRS, Paris) — Compounds in sign languages: The case of Italian and French Sign Language
- January 23: Rosangela Lai (Florence / Göttingen) — The internal structure of word-initial clusters in Sardinian
- January 30: Martin Becker (Köln) — The Romance Imperfect in free indirect discourse and quotative (evidental) readings
Scheduled for Summer Term 2019:
24 April: Jenneke van der Wal (Leiden)
15 May: Phoevos Panagiotidis (Nicosia)
22 May: Francesco Costantini (Udine) | Vesselina Laskova (Udine)
29 May: Adam Biały (Wrocław)
Sascha Alexeyenko (Kontakt)