LinG Colloquium Series
Summer Term 2021
Unless announced otherwise, the LinG Colloquium will take place on Wednesdays, 4–6 pm (ct).
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, the meetings will not be held in the usual way but in the form of a video conference. For this the video conference provider Zoom will be used. Detailed information as to how to join the meetings will be shared via the LinG mailing list.
Talks will be announced regularly via the LinG mailing list and on this website (see below).
This is a preliminary schedule that will be extended, and possibly altered, in the weeks to come.
- April 14: NO MEETING
- April 21: Anders Holmberg (Newcastle University) & Klaus Kurki (University of Turku) - When ’we with Anna’ means ’me and Anna’ in Finnish, Fenno-Swedish and other languages (find the handout of the presentation here)
- April 28: Berit Gehrke (Berlin) & Marcin Wągiel (Brno) - Non-conservative readings with percentage quantifiers in Slavic and German
- May 5: Omer Preminger (Maryland) - Natural language without semiosis
- May 12: [tba]
- May 19: Richard Breheny (UCL)
- May 26: Shigeru Miyagawa (MIT/Tokyo)
- June 2: Paul Portner (Georgetown University)
- June 9: Asia Pietraszko (Rochester)
- June 16: Marloes Oomen (Institut Jean Nicod, ENS Paris)
- June 23: Kai Alter (Newcastle University)
- June 30: Benjamin Spector (Institut Jean Nicod, ENS Paris)
- July 7: [tba]
- July 14: [tba]