Commencement for the bachelor's and master's programmes of the Faculty of Business and Economics
At the end of every semester, there is an official graduation ceremony for students in the auditorium of Göttingen University in Wilhelmsplatz. In addition to speeches by faculty members and alumni and the awarding of graduation certificates with musical accompaniment, the best graduates in the fields of business administration, economics, business education and information systems are awarded the Florenz-Sartorius Prize.
Once a year (within the framework of the celebration in Spring), this prize is also awarded for an outstanding doctoral thesis in the fields of business administration, information systems, and business education; and another for the best dissertation from the fields of economics, statistics, econometrics, and economic and social history. Recipients each receive 1000 Euro funded by Sartorius AG of Göttingen. The company is an internationally leading provider of laboratory and process technology in the segments of biotechnology and mechatronics.
- Graduation ceremony for the graduates of the winter semester 2022/ 2023: 2 June 2023, 2 p.m., Aula am Wilhelmsplatz
- The closing date for registration was Monday, 29 May 2023. If you would like to register after the closing date, please contact the Examinations Office directly: Tel. +49 (0)551 / 39-28822; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The online registration is registered via the Alumni Göttingen e.V. Alumni Portal. Please note the registration instructions listed there. After registration you will receive a confirmation email. In case of technical problems, please contact Alumni Göttingen directly.
- If you have already applied for your certificate at the examination office ("Zeugnisantrag") but have not yet collected it or received it by post, it will be handed over to you at the ceremony.
- If you have already received your certificate, the examination office will automatically prepare a congratulatory note for you, which will be handed over to you at the ceremony.
- The Examinations Office will independently check whether your certificate is still at the Examinations Office or whether you have already received it.
- Doctoral candidates will also receive a congratulatory note.
- All documents will be presented in blue folders so that no difference is recognisable.
- The ceremony lasts about 1,5-2 hours, the graduates sit in the front rows reserved for them, but they can choose their own seats there. Relatives are free to choose their own seats.
- If possible, the number of persons brought along should not exceed four to five due to limited seating capacity in the auditorium, so that as many graduates as possible can attend. If you have to enter the names of your relatives in the Alumni Portal, this is only done for technical and organisational reasons. The faculty does not create name tags. If the number of persons changes at short notice, this will not affect your registration.
- A group photo will be taken before the ceremony begins. In addition, individual photos of the handing over of the certificates will be taken. All photos will be made available for download on the internet and, if necessary, partly published on Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram (social media channels of the Faculty of Business and Economics). If you do not want your photo to be published on the faculty website and in social media, please contact Gesche Quent in advance with a brief description of the person. The Data Protection Policy of Georg-August-Universität Göttingen applies.
- The respective winners of the Florenz Sartorius Prize have already been notified.
- Following the ceremony, the faculty invites all attendees for a champagne reception in the "Alte Mensa" (Wilhelmsplatz).
- The ceremony will be held in German.
- Graduation ceremony for the graduates of the summer semester 2023: 3 November 2023, 2 p.m., Aula am Wilhelmsplatz