Applications deadlines January 15th and app. April 26th
The Goettingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is offering a stipend established by the German Exchange Service DAAD for PhD-students of Social Sciences, who came from abroad to Göttingen for their PhD thesis.
Financial funds can be granted for a period up to 3 - 6 months in order to finish your thesis offering 1.200 Euro per month. These stipends are granted according to the Guidelines for Granting Stipends of the Georg-August-University ("Richtlinie zur Vergabe von Stipendien der Georg-August-Universität") and the DAAD.
The Completion Grant can be awarded either until you submit your thesis at the faculty or until the disputation. If you want to be supported until the disputation your application has to include a letter of intent from all your reviewers stating that the review will be submitted within 2 months or prompt enough to realistically schedule the disputation within the funding period.
- Position as PhD-student as member of the GGG and enrollment at the Georg-August-University
- foreign exam and external citizenship
- The PhD thesis has to be close to finalization. It has to be realistic to complete the thesis within the period of the grant (submission or disputation).
- Participants of other programs that offer financial support for the final time may only apply in case their program cannot support them (please include statement).
- Funding ends when the thesis is submitted at the faculty or at the day of your disputation.
Please include the following documents in your application (German or English):
- Application form for this grant as word or pdf
- Questionnaire of GGG to update your data
- resume in table form and diplomas achieved so far (copy)
- statement of need (3 pages max) including the following information:
• beginning and development of your thesis until now, state of supervision, financing until now
• income of the family and financial support as parents
• if any: description of additional reasons (like child care, social background, disability or illness, family situation, residence permit status, need of assistance)
• additional scientific reasons for receiving the grant (e.g. Cotutelle)
- table of contents of the dissertation that shows the current state of the working progress (finished parts, parts who need to be revised, parts that are missing?)
- work schedule for the period of financial funding (if appropriate: date of disputation)
- statement of your supervision, including information on the need and the priority of the GGG-Support. It also should tell us in a realistic manner, if and until when the dissertation will be finished and give us an evaluation of how the PhD project would profit from this funding.
- If you are looking for support until the disputation: Letters of intent from all reviewers with exact time schedule stating that the review will be done max. 2 month after the submission or prompt enough to realistically schedule the disputation within the funding period.
- confirmation as PhD student from your faculty or the students office (copy)
Each international PhD-student that is a member of the GGG can apply for this funding option. Application is possible via mail or e-mail (in pdf) to: Goettingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG), Historische Sternwarte, Geismar Landstraße 11, 37083 Göttingen, firstname.lastname@example.org.