The following research institutions are partners of the GZMB outside the University of Göttingen:
- Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
- Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine
- German Primate Center
In addition, members of the GZMB closely cooperate in DFG collaborative research centers (Sonderforschungsbereiche, SFB), the DFG Research Center for Nanoscale Microscopy and Molecular Physiology of the Brain (CNMPB) and other research initiatives in Göttingen as well as in the interdisciplinary doctoral programs of the Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences, Biophysics and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) and DFG funded research training groups (Graduiertenkollegs, GRK).
DFG Collaborative Research Centers
- SFB 803 "Functionality controlled by organization in and between membranes"
- SFB 860 "Integrative Structural Biology of Dynamic Macromolecular Assemblies"
- SFB 1324 "Mechanisms and functions of Wnt Signaling"
DFG Research Groups
- FOR 942 "WNT associated signaling pathways in development and tumor progression"
- FOR 1234 "iBeetle: Functional Genomics of Insect Development and Metamorphosis"
Interdisciplinary doctoral programs of the Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) - Excellence Initiative
- GZMB program "Biomolecules: Structure - Function - Dynamics"
- GZMB program "Genes and Development"
- GZMB program "Microbiology and Biochemistry"
- GZMB program "Molecular Biology of Cells"