5. Optional Area (24 C)
a. The following five modules with a rating of 24 C must be successfully completed. It is
possible to select one or several of the following offers:
aa. From the modules offered for the Master’s degree programmes of the Faculty of Economic Sciences with the code M.WIWI, provided the qualifications for entry mentioned there are fulfilled. The modules selected as per nos. 1 to 4 cannot be taken.
ab. From the following list of modules offered by other faculties of the University of Göttingen, provided the requirements mentioned there are fulfilled and the module has not been utilised in this nor the previous course of study:
- M.Agr.0060 Production, investment and risk in agriculture 6 C
- M.Agr.0092 Taxes and Taxation 6 C
- S.RW.1131a Fundamentals of Company Law (Partnership Law) 6 C
- S.RW.1131b Fundamentals of Joint Stock Company law 6 C
- S.RW.1132 Competition Law (UWG) 6 C
- S.RW.1133 Capital markets and stock exchange law 6 C
- S.RW.1134 Banking and insurance regulation 6 C
- S.RW.1165 Corporate tax law 6 C
- S.RW.1229 International and European business law 6 C
- S.RW.1235 Tax Law 6 C
- B.Slav.129 Business Russian C1 6 C
- M.Psy.504 Industrial Psychology 6 C
ac. Modules from the languages offered by the university can be selected, provided they are modules which are for a level equivalent to level B as per the CEFR, and provided the modules have not been done in a course of study already completed. Notwithstanding sentence 1 modules relating to English, German as well as the mother tongue of the student are excluded.
ad. Following module:
- SK.GB.02 Communication skills: Gender and Diversity skills in communication 3 C
ae. Modules from the following list of module groups and modules from the central key competency offer of the University of Göttingen, provided the qualifications for entry mentioned there are fulfilled and they have not yet been done in a previous course of study:
- SK.AS.BK Modules Skills of professional intersection
- SK.AS.FK Modules Leadership skills
- SK.AS.KK Modules Communication skills
- SK.AS.SK Modules Social skills
- SK.AS.WK Modules Knowledge competence and self competence
b. The credits earned for modules as per letter a, ac. to ae. are restricted to a maximum of 10 C; the credits earned for modules as per a to ae. are restricted to a maximum 7 C; modules are not taken into account on a pro rata basis; a module with which the maximum sum of 7 C is exceeded can only be taken into account as a voluntary additional examination.
c. In the optional area, modules (alternative modules) other than those mentioned can be completed in accordance with the following provisions. The following are required for the consideration of an alternative module:
ca. A written application to be handed in by the student to the Dean of the Faculty of Economic Sciences before choosing the alternative module;
cb. Approval by the Dean of Studies or teaching unit offering the alternative module. The decision on approving the application is made by the Dean of Studies of the Faculty of Economic Sciences. Before passing the decision, the Dean will obtain the opinion of the degree programme tutors on the usefulness of the module replacement in which the student is enrolled. The application can be rejected without giving reasons; there is no legal entitlement for the applying student. The consideration of an already completed module as an alternative module is excluded.