Jobs / PhD
***Postdoc position openings***
We currently have no opening for funded Postdoc positions. However, we welcome Postdocs with own scholarships who are interested and qualified to work on topics related to GlobalFood. In general, he same requirements for PhD students with scholarships hold, see below.
***PhD position openings***
We currently have no opening for funded PhD positions. However, we welcome PhD students with own scholarships who are interested and qualified to work on topics related to GlobalFood. Note that you should have an outstanding degree (Master/Diploma) in agricultural economics, agribusiness, development economics, general economics, or a closely related discipline. If this is the case, you should contact the professor individually and directly with whom you would like to work. You can find the overview online:
Recommended documents for PhD students with own funding
The following documents and information are recommended if you have your own scholarship and plan to work on topics related to GlobalFood. We recommend to submit them as a single PDF.
- Motivation letter (max 400 words), indicating your specific interest in the RTG and highlighting your personal strengths for the position.
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications (if any) and experience with statistical software.
- Full academic record (Certificates + Transcript of record of B.Sc. + M.Sc. or equivalent). Provide a copy of the original and an English translation if documents are not in English or German. If M.Sc. is still ongoing, provide an overview of grades.
- Certificate and Transcript of record of final secondary-school examination (A-Level, Abitur, European Baccalaureate or equivalent).
- Proof of English language skills: certificate (if language of instruction at university was other than English) or provide explanation (if language of instruction at university was English). The University accepts the following proofs:
- Abstract (max 250 words) of last thesis written (B.Sc. or M.Sc. or equivalent), including thesis title.
- One recent writing sample (for example working paper, full thesis).
- Names and full contact details (incl. phone and email) of two academic reference persons.
***Student research assistant positions***
The RTG 1666 has currently no open positions. However, we welcome spontaneous applications. They should be submitted as a single PDF file in English language and include (i) CV (including information on knowledge of statistical and other software and languages), (ii) transcript of records of previous studies and grade overview of ongoing study program, (iii) motivation letter.