Online Career Fair at WoCaNet 2021
Are you almost at the end of your PhD? Do you want to explore different career options? Then, you should definitely check out our Career Fair! It will take place online on May 28th between 09:00 am and 14:00 pm.
The aim of this event is to provide a stimulating environment for participants and speakers to interact and exchange ideas on tools and strategies for successful careers. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with six speakers working in different fields.
- Beatrix Henseler, Global Head of Human Resources, Sartorius
- Dr. Justyna Pielecka-Fortuna, Project Leader, Evotec, and Mandy Moehle, Junior recruiter, Evotec
- Dr. Rituparna Chakrabarti, Scientific editor, iScience, Cell Press
- Dr. Vera Bissinger, Coordinator, Dorothea Schloezer Mentoring Program
- Dr. Javier Suarez-Alvarez, Analyst, Centre for Educational Research and Innovation, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
The event is free, but we request you to register for the talks that you would like to attend when you sign up for the main symposium.
- Format of career fair:
Each speaker will give a 15-minute presentation about their career path, what their job involves on a day-to-day basis, and the advantages and disadvantages of working in their field. They will also give you advice on the skills required to be hired and to succeed in their respective fields.
Each presentation will be followed by a 15-minute public Q&A session with all participants.
Finally, there will be an additional 30-minute interaction session during which interested individuals can network with the speakers in small groups.
© WoCaNet 2021