Philipp Kleinert
Advisor and Coordinator for International Affairs
Oeconomicum, room 1.111
Tel.: +49 (0)551/39-13575

In the following we would like to make you aware about some important issues for exchange students:
The support structure for Exchange students is divided between Göttingen International and the Faculties. The Faculty is responsible for three things.
  • Learning Agreement
  • Transcript of Records
  • Course search and explaining the study programs

  • Everything else, like enrollment and housing, is the responsibility of Göttingen International.
    Here you can find more information about your stay and study in Göttingen.

    If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me for advice. The Faculty of Social Sciences offers you a variety of subjects to study, like Political Science, Sociology, Social Anthropology/Ethnology, Educational Science or Sport Science. You are free to choose courses from every subject. You can take courses as well from other faculties, but you need to take 50% of your courses at the Faculty of Social Sciences. If you want to take courses from different faculties, keep in mind that course participation can be limited there. Please be aware that the Faculty of Social Sciences does not offer courses in English in each department. Especially in Educational Science are courses taught in English rare or not existent. Therefore, it is important to check your language abilities. Ask yourself: Have I sufficient German language skills? Does my department offer enough courses in English? Following the language policy of the Faculty of Social Sciences, we do not want a language certificate and it is up to you to decide if you are able to complete courses in German or not. Please check with your Erasmus Coordinator at home if you have to complete a certain amount of credits abroad and if you are able to achieve them with your language abilities or our course offer in general.

    Exception Sport Science: The department of Sport Science is not offering courses taught in English. Therefore, we require an German B1 (CEFR) language certificate from exchange students within the Sport Science department. It is sufficient to prove that you have sucessfully participated in a German B1 language course.

    An exchange student is someone who is going to study at a foreign university for a limited period of time and does not pursue a degree at the host university. The majority of exchange students come with the Erasmus + Program but it includes as well everyone from a partner university of the Faculty of Social Sciences or the Georg-August-University.

    Advisor and Coordinator for International Affairs

    Philipp Kleinert
    Platz der Göttinger Sieben 3, Oeconomicum 1.103
    37073 Göttingen

    Tel. +49 551 39 13575
    Fax. +49 551 39 19827

    Office Hours:
    Tuesdays and Friday 10.00 – 11.30 am