Coaching for international students starting their careers in Germany
The coaching for international and refugee students starting their careers in Germany offers you orientation and all in all individual support in identifying your career perspectives in Germany.
- Orientation for your job search in Germany
- Development of perspectives for your individual professional development
- Decision-making process regarding professional orientation
- Basic information about legal residence regulations
- Process-oriented support when consulting needs are more extensive in terms of time and/or content
- Support in overcoming professional, cultural and language obstacles to labor market integration
You define the specific aims of the coaching for starting your career in Germany! The coaching supports you interculturally and methodically competent in developing solutions for your questions and the realization of your next steps towards a successful career start based on your current situation and your personal interests, resources and strengths.
The coaching takes place as a confidential one-on-one conversation in a safe, appreciative and respectful atmosphere. It is free of charge and possible by phone, as a Walk & Talk–promenade and via web conference.
German, English, Indonesian
For more extensive questions - such as the fundamental development of perspectives for your future professional path - you can opt for process-oriented support of coaching with up to three one-hour appointments in which we together, i.a. using goal- and solution-oriented methods of systemic counseling and based on your personal resources and strengths, consider what your next steps towards a successful career start could be.
What is coaching?
(Synthesis from: Wiemer, Matthias (2012): Begleitung anspruchsvoller Bildungswege. Coaching für Studierende. In: Organisationsberatung, Supervision, Coaching, Ausgabe 19/2012. P. 50 and Deutsche Coaching Gesellschaft e.V. (DCG) (2020): Definition Coaching. Was ist Coaching. Available online at: https://decg.de/dcg/definition-coaching/ [Date of retrieval: 18.12.2020].)
- Formulation of topics and aims (formulated with SMART-method)
- Opportunities and limitations of the coaching: clarify expectations (What kind of support does coaching offer, which not)
- Responsibility of the coachee * (willingness for self-reflection, personal responsibility)
- Course of action (Number of coaching hours and intervals, course of online support and tasks between the sessions)
Coaching is no training, no qualification and no substitute for psychotherapeutic or psychiatric counselling or treatment. No specialist advice is given and the coach does not bring ready-made solutions.