Business and Human Resource Education (MEd)
The programme in the business and human resource education may only be taken together with a second teaching subject (aside from economic sciences). The second teaching subject may be selected from: German, English, French, Spanish, protestant theology, political science, informatics, mathematics, and sports. The successful completion of the master's programme with a master of education permits students to participate in a provisional teaching period (traineeship) at vocational schools.
- Business and Human Resource Education
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Language of the programme:
- Standard period of study:
- Four semesters
- Every winter and summer semester
- Restricted admission (application to the Faculty)
Get to know us
The successful completion of the master's programme with a master of education permits students to participate in a provisional teaching period (traineeship) at vocational schools.
The objective of the master's programme is to equip students with in-depth knowledge in economics, business, and human resources. The programme aims to prepare students with the capability to apply and communicate scientific methods and findings in the area of economic sciences and their second subject, as well as the ability to work independently and scientifically. In addition, the master's programme prepares students interested in continuing their studies at the doctoral level.
Sufficient German language skills are required. Good language skills in English are recommended.
The degree programme in business and human resources is designed for one of the following occupational areas:
- Vocational training schools in "Business and Administration" which mainly comprise vocational training schools, specialised secondary schools and commercial high schools
- Company-based vocational training and further education
- Education administration / educational policy (chambers, associations, ministries)
- Management of personnel training / continuing education
- Non-school related adult education (in public and private sponsorship)
- Education consultation, development aid
- Tasks in business working fields of companies
Get to know the different professional fields of our graduates in the alumni portraits (in German).
Related and consecutive/graduate programmes
The Master's programme in Business and Human Resource Education includes studies in economic sciences as well as a second teaching subject, business and human resource education and the basics of education in the second teaching subject, as well as a master's thesis:
- Economic Sciences: 30 credits
- Second teaching subject: 34 credits
- Business and Human Resource Education (educational studies and subject-related didactics in economic sciences): 33 credits
- Master's thesis: 23 credits
If one of the languages English, French or Spanish is chosen as a second subject, then Article 8 of the regulations for master's degrees for teachers in Lower Saxony (Nds. MasterVO-Lehr) requires three months of programme-related studies abroad in a country in which the selected language is also the official language. The three months abroad can take place during either the bachelor's or the master's programme.
Nds. MasterVO-Lehr further provides that occupational activities are verified by means of subject-specific internships. The subject-specific internships must comprise a total of at least 52 weeks, while the individual internship must be at least four weeks long.
Detailed information about the study programme as well as a detailed listing of the modules/courses offered can be found on the programme website of the Faculty of Business and Economics.
Start of study
- April 1 to May 15 to commence studies in the winter semester (October)
- October 1 to November 15 to commence studies in the summer semester (April)
- A minimum of six semesters of study culminating in a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent course of study with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in the subject of Business and Human Resource Education or a closely related subject.
- Applicants must have completed at least 150 of the 180 ECTS credits at the time of application. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications that do not meet this requirement.
- German language skills, if German is not your native language
Specialization in 8 Master's programmes
After the Bachelor's degree you can deepen and expand your knowledge in eight consecutive Master's degree programmes at the faculty. The faculty offers Master's programmes in Business Administration, Economics, Business Information Systems, Business and Human Resource Education, Applied Statistics and History of Global Markets. Some Master programmes even include a double degree programme with renowned universities in Europe, South Africa and China. See in the video (in German) why it is worthwhile to study in Göttingen.
For enrolled students and for questions on application and admission
Service Centre for Students
Faculty of Business and Economics
Platz der Göttinger Sieben 3
Oeconomicum, 1st Floor
Phone: +49-551 39 28800
www.service-center.wiwi.uni-goettingen.de Homepage of the study subject