Business Education and Human Resource Development (MSc)
The master's programme in business education and human resource development builds on a previous bachelor's degree in business education, business administration, or a closely related discipline.
After successful completion of a master's degree in business education and human resource development, you will be able to independently plan and carry out human resource development processes in organizations. You will be able to critically evaluate hiring and diagnostic tools, both in the context of selecting and conducting aptitude tests as well as for the identification of learning conditions and the measurement of learning success. You will be able to evaluate and justify the selection of appropriate tools, and can also modify and further develop those tools.
- Business Education and Human Resource Development
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Language of the programme:
- Standard period of study:
- 4 semesters
- Every winter and summer semester
- Restricted admission (application to the Faculty)
Get to know us
In the master's degree programme in business education and human resource development, you will gain an in-depth understanding of economics and business education knowledge. You will learn the context of your subject area and develop the ability to apply academic methods and insights in economics and business to practical education and to convey and conduct independent research.
At the end of your studies, you will be able to interpret academic research on occupational and work-related learning, as well as formal and informal learning, and to compare the potential effects on human resource development and occupational learning. You will also acquire skills in the distanced reflection from procedures in (occupational) practice. This will allow you to optimize and improve human resource development processes and learning processes in the context of vocational learning and further education. Furthermore, the master's degree will allow you to apply for doctorate studies.
Sufficient German language skills are required. Good language skills in English are recommended.
The master's programme in business education and human resource management offers numerous different career perspectives and development opportunities. You can work for companies, in administration, as well as in chambers and associations to work in management, human resource development, or instructional or teaching capacities. You can work in various academically supported roles such as human resource development or diagnostics, in vocational and further education, in education management, as well as in various areas of workplace-related teaching and learning. Get to know the different professional fields of our graduates in the alumni portraits (in German).
Related and consecutive/graduate programmes
The programme includes courses in economics and business, in particular, human resource management, including human resource law, education studies, and subject didactics in the field of business education, as well as a master's thesis. The master's degree in business education and human resource management is a four-semester-long program requiring 120 credits from the following areas:
- Business education (education studies and subject didactics): 24 credits
- Foundations in business administration: 24 credits
- Human resource development, human resource management and law: 24 credits
- Electives: 24 credits
- Master's thesis: 24 credits
Detailed information about the study programme as well as a detailed listing of the modules/courses offered can be found on the programme website of the Faculty of Business and Economics.
Start of study
- April 1 to May 15 to commence studies in the winter semester (October)
- October 1 to November 15 to commence studies in the summer semester (April)
- A minimum of six semesters of study culminating in a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent course of study with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in the subject of Business and Human Resource Education or Business Studies or a closely related subject.
- Applicants must have completed at least 150 of the 180 ECTS credits at the time of application. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications that do not meet this requirement.
- German language skills, if German is not your native language
Specialization in 11 Master's programmes
After the Bachelor's degree you can deepen and expand your knowledge in 11 consecutive Master's degree programmes at the faculty. The faculty offers Master's programmes in Business Administration, Economics, Business Information Systems, Business and Human Resource Education, Applied Statistics and History of Global Markets. Some Master programmes even include a double degree programme with renowned universities in Europe, South Africa and China. See in the video (in German) why it is worthwhile to study in Göttingen.
For enrolled students and for questions on application and admission
Service Centre for Students
Faculty of Business and Economics
Platz der Göttinger Sieben 3
Oeconomicum, 1st Floor
Phone: +49-551 39 28800
www.service-center.wiwi.uni-goettingen.de Homepage of the study subject