'Master of Science' (M.Sc.) in Business Education and Human Resource Development
The master's programme in business education and human resource development builds on a previous bachelor's degree in business education, business administration, or a closely related discipline. After successful completion of a master's degree in business education and human resource development, you will be able to independently plan and carry out human resource development processes in organizations. You will be able to critically evaluate hiring and diagnostic tools, both in the context of selecting and conducting aptitude tests as well as for the identification of learning conditions and the measurement of learning success. You will be able to evaluate and justify the selection of appropriate tools, and can also modify and further develop those tools.
At the end of your studies, you will be able to interpret academic research on occupational and work-related learning, as well as formal and informal learning, and to compare the potential effects on human resource development and occupational learning. You will also acquire skills in the distanced reflection from procedures in (occupational) practice. This will allow you to optimize and improve human resource development processes and learning processes in the context of vocational learning and further education. Furthermore, the master's degree will allow you to apply for doctorate studies.
- Language: German
- The standard period of study is four semesters.
- Enrolment is possible for every semester (both summer and winter).
- The application period to begin studying in the winter semester is from April 1 to May 15 of the same calendar year
- The application period to begin studies in the summer semester is from October 1 to November 15 of the previous calendar year
You may submit your application for the master's programme even if you have not completed your current programme of study, but have acquired at least 150 credit points in a related bachelor's programme. The online application form and detailed information on the application and admission procedure can be found under Application and Admission. This deadline also applies to international applicants who are also required to complete the online application form.
- Business education (education studies and subject didactics): 24 credits
- Foundations in business administration: 24 credits
- Human resource development, human resource management and law: 24 credits
- Electives: 24 credits
- Master's thesis: 24 credits
The Faculty of Business and Economics offers you many opportunities to study one or two semesters at an international partner university. There are three different programmes, each with different partner universities and application deadlines:
- Erasmus+: You will study at one of the more than 60 partner universities of the Faculty in other European countries (only students of the Faculty of Business and Economics can apply for these programmes).
- Worldwide faculty programmes: You will study at one of the numerous partner universities of the Faculty of Business and Economics abroad, e.g. in the USA, Latin America, South Africa, Japan, China, South Korea and Thailand (only students of the Faculty of Business and Economics can apply for these programmes).
- Worldwide university programmes: You study at a partner university of the University of Göttingen, e.g. in Australia, India, the USA, Canada or China (all students of the University can apply for these programmes).
If you go abroad within the framework of one of the above-mentioned programmes, you usually do not have to pay tuition fees for studying at a foreign partner university (the University of Mississippi charges reduced tuition fees). Some programmes even receive additional financial support from the German Academic Exchange Service. Comprehensive information about the programmes, application deadlines and contact persons can be found here.
In our Database you can see which achievements/modules of other universities in Göttingen have already been recognized (in German). In order to keep your choice of course abroad as flexible as possible, we recommend that you complete modules from the elective area of your respective degree programme abroad.
If you would like to get into contact with other international and German students during your studies in Göttingen, please take a look at our Study Buddy Programme and our Exchange@WIWI events: www.uni-goettingen.de/de/613540.html. Both programmes serve to network international and local Göttingen students.
Job portal of the University of Göttingen with external job offers: Stellenwerk Göttingen (in German)