Students can choose from chemistry in its many facets in this strongly research-oriented degree programme. Extensive compulsory elective areas allow for individual focal points. State-of-the-art methods are learned at the faculty's modern pool of large-scale equipment.
- Master of Science (M. Sc.)
- Language of the programme:
- German and English (programme can be completed in only one language)
- Standard period of study:
- 4 semesters
- Start of studies:
- Winter and summer semester
- Application to the faculty
Get to know us
The degree programme is composed entirely of elective modules, which ensure a minimum breadth of chemical specialisation, but above all enable individual profiling, also with content from the neighbouring natural sciences, mathematics and computer science.
For specialisations that are oriented towards the research foci of the faculty, a corresponding note can be included in the transcript:
- Functional Biomolecular Chemistry
- Sustainable synthesis chemistry and catalysis
- Modern Methods
- Theory & Simulation
Practical courses take place in direct connection with the research groups of the faculty and on the basis of current research topics. The degree programme thus specifically prepares students for a further doctorate or entry into industry.
Related and consecutive/graduate programmes
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or a related degree programme
- at least 150 ETCS at the time of application
Eligibility: Achievements in the natural sciences amounting to at least 126 ECTS:
- of which at least 63 ECTS in chemistry
- at least 6 ECTS each in inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry and physical chemistry
Sufficient practical laboratory knowledge is very important for a successful Master's programme. Please note our recommendations on the programme homepage.
- If your native language or the language of your Bachelor's programme is not German , you must prove sufficient knowledge of the German language at the level DSH-2 or comparable.
- If your native language or the language of your Bachelor's degree programme is not English , you must prove sufficient knowledge of the English language at the level C1 GER .
Dr. Nele Milsch
Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Chemistry
Phone: +49-551 39 21810