Library and Sound Archive
Current closure of the LibraryDue to the corona crisis, the musicological library is currently closed for the time being. We will inform you about any changes in policy.
Please note our information page on Additional online-ressources for musicologists during the corona crisis.
The SUB central library and all SUB departmental libraries have reintroduced loan service since 4 May 2020. Information here.
LibraryThe library of the Department of Musicology is a reference library.
The library of the Department of Musicology comprises approx. 23.000 volumes, sheet music and musicological journals. We provide access to the music editing software Capella for students. It is possible to borrow recording devices for sound recording work (further information on "Services"). Please ask the library staff!
Equipment and resources
- Xerox (includes Scanner via email-sending or usb)
- scanner (max. Din A3)
- cutting machine
- spiral binder
- 4 computers
- audio-recording deviced
- CD- and LP-player, headphones
- reference library with encyclopaedias, monographic literature and sheet music
- term key texts for taught courses
- musicological journals (room 013)
- rare sources (access with library staff)
- facsimiles (room 010)
- sound archive with tapes, LPs and CDs (room 007, access with library staff)
- collection van Lamsweerde (room 106)