Library and Sound Archive
The library of the department of musicology is closed from 16th of Dec 2020 until further notice.
Extended week-end-loan for students
Thur 10.00 - 12.00
Fri 10.00 - 12.00
Mon 12.00 - 16.00
Tue 13.00 - 15.00
Collection and return of books is handled through the library window from the courtyard on the left side of the building (near bike stands), middle window at the arche facade.
Loan of up to 3 media for up to 6 days is possible, the loan period cannot be extended. Please state the titles and shelf marks of the required media along with the dates and hours of take out and return in an E-Mail (Bibliothek.MuWi@uni-goettingen.de) 24 hours before take out at the latest. Unfortunately, the copying machine is not permitted for use at the moment.
Please wear a mouth-nose-protection when entering the department of musicology and refer to our hygene policy.
LibraryThe library of the Department of Musicology is a reference library.
It comprises approx. 23.000 volumes, sheet music and musicological journals. It is possible to borrow recording devices for sound recording work (further information on "Services"). Please ask the library staff!
Equipment and resources
- Xerox (includes Scanner via email-sending or usb)
- scanner (max. Din A3)
- cutting machine
- spiral binder
- 4 computers
- audio-recording devices
- CD- and LP-player, headphones
- reference library with encyclopaedias, monographic literature and sheet music
- term key texts for taught courses
- musicological journals (room 013)
- rare sources (access with library staff)
- facsimiles (room 010)
- sound archive with tapes, LPs and CDs (room 007, access with library staff)
- collection van Lamsweerde (room 106) of video and audio-tapes