Certificate programme: Building International Careers
In summer term 2020, an online-self-assessment about “Building International Careers” will be available. The Certificate Programme starts again in winter term 2020/21. The intercultural competence training (online classes with registration via Stud.IP) and the intercultural engagement (InDiGU) can already be completed for the certificate in summer term 2020.
You are looking for a job or internship in a global context? The online modules „Building International Careers“ support you with self-assessment methods in planning your global career path and reflections on your individual and professional goals.
- Knowing your interests, competences and strenghts for global working perspectives
- Planning and preparing your career abroad (research strategies for jobs, application documents, interview situations)
- For all interested students who are joining the Career Service Rocket.Chat-Channel #workinginternationally: Becoming part of an international learning community that focusses on international working contexts and look for peer-group member to support your individual process
- BA and MA students of all subjects who aim at global working activities (international and German students)
- Online Modules available from March 18th
- Entering the modules via Stud.IP “Building International Careers”
- Recommended: Join the community #workinginternationally on Rocket.Chat
- With a participation in “Building International Career” in winter term 2020/21 you are eligible to gain the Certificate International
- To get the Certificate International, an intercultural competence training and an intercultural engagement with InDiGU need to be completed, too.
- If you plan to take part in “Building International Careers” in winter term, it is possible to complete the Intercultural Competence Training and the Intercultural Engagement in advance.Here are the workshops of the Centre for Intercultural Competences that you can already join in summer term.
Besides completing the individual online self-assessment in calm hours for yourself, we recommend to work with a peer group to share your thoughts and experiences with other like-minded students. A participation in an intercultural competence training or an intercultural engagement can help you to get more sensitized for international working contacts.
Where can I find a peer group?
You can build a peer-group with friends or other students from your discipline. If you are looking for other students to work with, the community #workinginternationally on Rocket.Chat offers the possibility to get in touch with international and German students of all disciplines.
What can I do to get more information and learnings about specific career related topics?
How much time do I have to spend for the online modules?
It takes about 3-4 hours to complete an online module. If you would like to combine the individual tasks with peer group tasks, you should calculate 2 hours extra.
Who are the contact persons for detailed content questions?
Please contact the Career Service for further questions regarding “Building International Careers”: email@example.com. For questions regarding the intercultural competence training, please contact Alexandra Schreiber. If you should have further questions on the intercultural engagement, please contact Patrick Lajoie.