How to find us
- Göttingen is located in the center of Germany inbetween the cities of Hannover and Kassel (refer to the map in the right colum).
- Göttingen can be approached comparely easy by car and train.
- Most international flights will end at Frankfurt am Main.
... by train
- Fast trains (Intercity Express, ICE) directed to either Hannover or Hamburg (tentatively Bremen) will start at Frankfurt Airport and directly approach Göttingen.
- At Göttingen railway station you can either continue your trip by taxi or bus. Bus lines 21 and 22 direction Nikolausberg take their route to the Northern Campus of the University Göttingen (Bus maps GöVBs). Please drop out of the bus at the stop "Kellnerweg", which is in front of the XLAB (colorfull building). Move up the hill in direction of the Ernst Caspari building. You will find a destination board in front of this building. Listed on this board is also our institution. Please follow the advice given here. Among a number of buildings you will find one which represents part of the Department of Crop Sciences, where our group is situated.
- For a map of the railway station / our building please click here and use the search terms "Pflanzenpathologie" or "Bahnhof"
... by car
- You can approach us from any direction by using the highway A7.
- Use the exit 72 - designation "Göttingen Nord".
- Use the road B 27 (An der Lutter) until the crossroad "Am Faßberg / Hoffmannshof" ca. 4,6 km // here you will find the wine store called "Jacques Wein-Depot".
- Turn to the left with the designation "Nikolausberg".
- Turn to the left at the next crossroad - "Grisebachstraße".
- Drive straight forward to the end of the road.
- Turn to the right at the end and drive in front of the greenhouses, the street then turns left.
- You will find our building to the right, second building to the right.
- For assiting your journey by car a map will probably be of help.
- For a sight-seeing of the city center of Göttingen you will find a link to a map of the historical city center