Doctoral studies - Enrolment in 5 steps
1. step: Application at the department/admission to GAUSSOne of the most important requirements for the admission to the PhD school GAUSS is to have found a supervisor for a PhD project. Please find more information here:
Additionally, you need the following documents for admission to GAUSS:
- Copy of the previous diploma
- For foreign degress, the equality has to be determined: In this case, you have to submit the transcript of academic records as well.
- PhD student statement (German language)
- Form for a supervision agreement, for admission to a GAUSS program and for the central student office
- Important note: Please fill "Promotionsstudiengang Mathematical Sciences" in the latter form for GAUSS-program.
The latter has to be filled out together with the supervisor.
With these documents please contact:
Dekanat der Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik
Carmen Barann - Sekretariat -
Bunsenstraße 3-5, Zimmer 107
Tel.: 0551 39-27780
2. till 4. stepA tutorial for the remaining steps can be found here:
PhD - Enrollment in five steps