Date of birth
January 6, 1962
Place of birth
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- B.Sc. MacDonald College of McGill University, Major in Agricultural Economics (1984)
- M.Sc. University of Manitoba, Major in Agricultural Economics (1986)
Institute of Econometrics at the Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel. Doctor of the Agricultural Economics, speciality in Economics and Social Sciences of the cultivation (1992)
Institute of Econometrics at the Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel. Doc. habil. in the sucjects Econometrics and Applied Econometrics (1998)
- Secretary-Treasurer of the International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE)
- Distinguished Foreign Professor Nanjing Agricultural University (2014-2018)
- Member of the Policy Expert Committee (PEC) of the International School of Economics, Tbilisi State University (ISET), Georgia
- Guest Professor of the University of Talca, Chile (2013-2015)
- Member of the "Centre of Biodiversity and sustainable Land Use"
- Member of the Editorial Board „Economics and Entrepreneurship“ of the Kiev National Economics Univerisity
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Ukrainian journal "The economy of the AIC", Kiev
- Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics"
- Member of the Zentrum für Statistik, University of Göttingen
- Member of the African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics (AfJARE) editorial board
- Faculty Representative for International Matters, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Göttingen University
- Principal Investigator of the post graduate programme 1644: "Skalenprobleme in der Statistik"
- Principal Investigator of the post graduate programme 1666: "GlobalFood"
- Spokesperson of the DFG Research Unit FOR 2432 "Agricultural Change in Rural and Urban Areas" (in German)
Rugby, Thomas Tallis, gardening, the "Ranch" in Canada