Scholarships and Financing
To finance a stay abroad, one of the possibilities is to apply at one of the following institutions (selection). Most of the scholarships for students are organized by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Current call for applications in the PROMOS scholarship programme: You can apply for a PROMOS scholarship between 01.02. and 31.03.2022.!
- Foreign BAföG
Another important funding possibility is foreign BAföG. Students have the possibility to receive this funding even they are not entitled to inland BAföG. In addition, students may apply for travel expenses and a health insurance allowance as well as a foreign allowance when staying outside of the EU. Funding of stays abroad does not need to be paid back.
Further information on foreign BAföG is found at www.das-neue-bafoeg.de.
- Educational loan for a stay abroad
Since April 1, 2001 and in addition to BAföG, student can apply to the Bundesverwaltungsamt (Federal Office of Administration) in 50728 Cologne for an educational loan for stays abroad. For more information please visit the following websites:
- Index of German Foundations
- Scholarship counselling at the University of Göttingen
Mr. Sjard Tankred Seibert M.A.
Central Student Advisory Service
Phone: +49 (0)551 / 39-29861
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com