Dr. Susanne Weigand
Coordinator MSc Program „Crop Protection“The two years master program “crop protection” was established in fall 2010 and is an international, job and research oriented program following an interdisciplinary approach of crop protection within the larger framework of crop production systems. In addition to the advanced study courses the capability for interdisciplinary research, improvement of oral and written communication and presentation skills are focused on. Graduated students will have broad research and analytical skills related to crop protection and be able to select and combine suitable technologies to solve the problems of crop protection and increase crop production efficiency, while observing the challenges of natural resources conservation. Best performing students are eligible for a scholarship in the subsequent PhD Programme on Crop Protection.
Further information: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/crop protection.
- 1956 born in Göttingen
- 1980 Diplom Agricultural Sciences, University of Göttingen
- 1981 MSc in „Pest Management“, University of California, Riverside
- 1985 PhD in Entomology, Rheinische Friedrich- Wilhelms University of Bonn
- 1985-1986 Scientist, Division of Entomologie, Institute of Plant Diseases, University of Bonn
- 1986-1995 Scientist (Entomologist) in the Food Legume Improvement Program at the International Center for Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) in Aleppo, Syria and
- 1989- 1995 Coordinator oft the training program in the Food Legume Improvement Program
- since Oct. 2009 Coordinator of the MSc program “Crop Protection”