Research Project (Summer term)
Due to the corona pandemic the information event on the Research Project will therefore take place live on March 14, 2022, 10:00 a.m. Zoom
- Prof. Dr. Yasemin Boztuğ
- Prof. Dr. Maik Hammerschmidt
- Prof. Dr. Manuel Trenz
- Maximilian Grüning, M.Sc. (Chair of Interorganizational Information Systems)
- Melanie Schwede, M.Sc. (Chair of Marketing and Innovation Management)
- Gesa Stremmel, M.Sc. (Chair of Marketing and Consumer Behavior)
- Marketing and E-Business (M.Sc.)
- Finance, Accounting and Taxes (M.Sc.)
- Management (M.Sc.)
- Global Business (M.Sc.)
- Taxation (M.Sc.)
- Business Information Systems (M.Sc.)
- Business and Human Resource Education (M.Ed.)
- Business Education and Human Resource Development (M.Sc.)
- Development Economics (M.Sc.)
- International Economics (M.Sc.)
- History of Global Markets (M.A.)
- Applied Statistics (M.Sc.)
- Applied Computer Science (M.Sc.)
Number of participants:
Limited to a max. of 30 participants.
Due to the limited number of participants admissible, each student is required to fill out the online form at the bottom of this website. Registration ist possible from 28.03. until 03.04.2022, 12:00 noon. Moreover, we require each student to have successfully completed either “Market Research I” or “Market Research II” at the time of filling out the respective online formular at the bottom of this website. Please send a transcript of records, which can be obtained in the examination office via E-Mail until the end of the registration period.
Learning outcome / core skills:
The students will learn not only how to analyze a complex topic using scientific methods, but also how to document, present and discuss their findings. By providing an independent contribution to a complex research project, students should successfully link theory and practice, whilst acquiring additional social skills through group work.
- Literature research, creation of causal relationship hypotheses, data collection and testing of hypotheses
- Practice using scientific methods, in particular data collection and evaluation (multivariate analysis methods) or the creation of software prototypes
- Regular presentation and discussion of the intermediate steps with supervisors
- Presentation of the topic and relevant milestones
- Problem definition
- Identification and presentation of the methods used in problem solving
- Information analysis (preparation, analysis and summarizing information for decision-making) or the development of a prototype
- Final presentation
- Compilation of a comprehensive research report including documentation of the steps taken
- Gamification of Digital Services
- Influence of a Shopping Center App on Shopping Experience (in collaboration with industry partners)
- The Effect of Interactive Product Presentation Tools on Return Behavior
- An Analysis of the Need for a new Göttingen Parking Garage
- Success Factors of the Göttingen University Canteen
Presentation (approx. 30 minutes) and a joint research report (max. 15 pages per participant in a group)
Scientific examination within small groups of a specified current issue in marketing and information management, reporting the results as part of a group presentation (approx. 30 minutes) and written documentation in the form of a joint research report (maximum 15 pages per participant in a group). The regular participation of all group members is expected.
Information event for the project seminar in the summer term 2022:
The information event introduces the topics of the project seminar that are offered by the Chairs of Marketing at the Department of Marketing and E-Business the respective semester. It will further comprise an extensive Q&A regarding the content and the structure of the seminar, the organizational procedures, relevant milestones, key dates, and other issues as in how to organize subsequent internships or semesters abroad.
The information event will take place on March 14th 2022, 10:00 a.m. via Zoom
The slides of the information event will be available for download here. Please be aware that you must be within the network of the University of Goettingen in order to be able to download the files.
Registration and further dates:
- Information event (all chairs): 14.03.2022, 10:00 a.m. via Zoom
- Registration online form: 28.03. bis 03.04.2022, 12:00 noon
- Registration in FlexNow: 04.04. bis 18.04.2022.
- Announcement of the topic allocation: until probably 04.04.2022
- group-internal kick-off: tba by the respective contact person
- Prof. Dr. Maik Hammerschmidt / Melanie Schwede: tba
- Prof. Dr. Yasemin Boztuğ / Gesa Stremmel: tba
- ! Registration and organization for the Research Project of the Chair of Interorganizational Information Systems takes place separately on the following page: Chair of Interorganizational Information Systems