Ombuds Office for Good Research Practice
Welcome to the homepage of the Ombuds Office for Good Research Practice at the University of Göttingen.
The preservation and safeguarding of the highest of scientific quality standards in research and the fostering of an atmosphere of openness, creativity and dedication to achievement are of paramount importance for the University of Göttingen. In the realisation of these objectives, compliance with the principles of good research practice plays a pivotal role. Accordingly, we are committed to ensuring the prevention of research misconduct, e.g. by educating and training early career researchers, and offering advice and investigation in cases of suspected violation of the rules of good research practice.
At the following websites, you will find information on the recognized standards of good research practice, the ombuds institutions of the University and their procedures for handling allegations of research misconduct as well as further documents/resources related to matters of good research practice.
Good research practice
- Good research practice - what is it about?
- Broschure "An Orientation Framework for Good Scientific Practice”
- Research Ethics
- Key Topics
Guidelines of the University
- NEW: Rules Governing the Safeguarding of Good Research Practice (2021)
- Research Data Policy (2014)
- Open Access-Policy (2016)
Guidance & Courses
- eResearchAlliance: Management of Research Data
- SUB: Academic Work - Tools & Methods
- SUB: Courses
- Scientific writing advice at the Faculty of Social Sciences
- International Writing Center
- DFG-Kodex: Guidelines for Safeguarding Good Research Practice (2019)
- DFG-Memorandum: Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice (2013) - replaced by DFG-Kodex (2019)
- Recommendations on Academic Integrity. Position Paper of the German Council of Science and Humanities (2015)
- Other national guidelines
- The European Code for Research Integrity (2017)
- Singapore Statement on Research Integrity (2010)
- Montreal Statement on Research Integrity in Cross-Boundary Research Collaboration (2013)
- Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers (2019)
- Other international guidelines
- Documents relating to PhD/PhD supervision
- Overview: Doctorate-related information of the graduate schools
Ombuds system at the University
Allegations of misconduct/conflicts about good research practice – whom to contact?
- Ombuds Office for Good Research Practice
- Ombudspersons/Ombuds Committee of the University
- Ombudspersons/Ombuds Committee of the Medical Faculty
- Ombudspersons at Göttingen Campus
- Persons of trust in the faculties/graduate schools
- Doctoral students representatives
- Additional advisory offices
How does the ombuds system work?
- The University`s ombuds system at a glance
- FAQs about the ombuds system
- DFG-Rules of procedure for dealing with scientific misconduct (2018)
Other ombuds institutions
- Joint Investigation Commission of the University
- German Research Ombudsman
- Ombuds Committee of the German Psychological Society (DGPs)
Information for teachers