Ombuds Office for Good Scientific Practice
Welcome to the homepage of the Ombuds Office for Good Scientific Practice at the Georg-August University Göttingen.
The preservation and safeguarding of the highest of scientific quality standards in research and the fostering of an atmosphere of openness, creativity and dedication to achievement are of paramount importance for the Georg-August-University Göttingen. In the realisation of these objectives, compliance with the principles of good scientific practice plays a pivotal role. Accordingly, we are committed to ensuring the prevention of scientific misconduct, e.g. by educating and training junior scientists and scholars, and offering advice and investigation in cases of suspected violation of the rules of good scientific practice.
At the following websites, you will find information on the recognized standards of good scientific practice, the ombuds institutions of the University and their procedures for handling allegations of scientific misconduct as well as further documents/resources related to matters of good scientific practice.
Good scientific practice
- Good scientific practice - what is it about?
- Broschure "An Orientation Framework for Good Scientific Practice”
- Research Ethics
- Key Topics
Guidelines of the University
- Rules Governing the Safeguarding of Good Scientific Practice (2016)
- Research Data Policy (2016)
- Open Access-Policy (2016)
Guidance & Courses
- eResearchAlliance: Management of Research Data
- SUB: Academic Work - Tools & Methods
- SUB: Courses
- Scientific writing advice at the Faculty of Social Sciences
- International Writing Center
- DFG-Kodex: Guidelines for Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice (2019)
- DFG-Memorandum: Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice (2013) - replaced by DFG-Kodex (2019)
- Recommendations on Academic Integrity. Position Paper of the German Council of Science and Humanities (2015)
- Other national guidelines (PDF)
- The European Code for Research Integrity (2017)
- Singapore Statement on Research Integrity (2010)
- Montreal Statement on Research Integrity in Cross-Boundary Research Collaboration (2013)
- Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers (2019)
- Other international guidelines (PDF)
Ombuds system at the University
Allegations of misconduct/conflicts about good scientific practice – whom to contact?
- Ombuds Office for Good Scientific Practice
- Ombudspersons/Ombuds Committee of the University
- Ombudspersons/Ombuds Committee of the Medical Faculty
- Ombudspersons at Göttingen Campus
- Persons of trust in the faculties/graduate schools
- Doctoral students representatives
- Additional advisory offices
How does the ombuds system work?
- The University`s ombuds system at a glance
- FAQs about the ombuds system
- DFG-Rules of procedure for dealing with scientific misconduct (2018)
Other ombuds institutions
- Joint Investigation Commission of the University
- German Research Ombudsman
- Ombuds Committee of the German Psychological Society (DGPs)
Information for teachers