Research Project (Winter term)
- Dr. Ossama Elshiewy (Chair of Marketing and Consumer Behavior)
- Prof. Dr. Maik Hammerschmidt (Chair of Marketing and Innovation Management)
- Prof. Dr. Welf Weiger (Chair of Digital Marketing)
- Gesa Stremmel, M.Sc. (Chair of Marketing and Consumer Behavior)
- Tobias Wolf, M.Sc. (Chair of Marketing and Retail Management)
- Johann Giertz, M.Sc. (Chair of Digital Marketing)
- MEB, M.Sc. (formerly MDM, M.Sc.)
- WInf, M.Sc.
- WiPäd, M.Sc.
Number of participants:
Limited to a max. of 30 participants.
Due to the limited number of participants admissible, each student is required to fill out the online form at the bottom of this website. Moreover, we require each student to have successfully completed either “Market Research I” or “Market Research II” at the time of filling out the respective online formular at the bottom of this website. Please send a transcript of records, which can be obtained in the examination office via E-Mail until the end of the registration period. Finally, we highly recommend each participant to participate in the following courses:
- Analytical-conceptual work in Marketing
- Methodical-empirical work in Marketing and Management
- Working Scientifically
Learning outcome / core skills:
The students will learn not only how to analyze a complex topic using scientific methods, but also how to document, present and discuss their findings. By providing an independent contribution to a complex research project, students should successfully link theory and practice, whilst acquiring additional social skills through group work.
- Literature research, creation of causal relationship hypotheses, data collection and testing of hypotheses
- Practice using scientific methods, in particular data collection and evaluation (multivariate analysis methods) or the creation of software prototypes
- Regular presentation and discussion of the intermediate steps with supervisors
- Presentation of the topic and relevant milestones
- Problem definition
- Identification and presentation of the methods used in problem solving
- Information analysis (preparation, analysis and summarizing information for decision-making) or the development of a prototype
- Final presentation
- Compilation of a comprehensive research report including documentation of the steps taken
- Gamification of Digital Services
- Influence of a Shopping Center App on Shopping Experience (in collaboration with industry partners)
- The Effect of Interactive Product Presentation Tools on Return Behavior
- An Analysis of the Need for a new Göttingen Parking Garage
- Success Factors of the Göttingen University Canteen
Presentation (approx. 30 minutes) and a joint research report (max. 15 pages per participant in a group)
Scientific examination within small groups of a specified current issue in marketing and information management, reporting the results as part of a group presentation (approx. 30 minutes) and written documentation in the form of a joint research report (maximum 15 pages per participant in a group). The regular participation of all group members is expected.
Information event for the project seminar in the winter term 2020/21:
The information event introduces the topics of the project seminar that are offered by the Chairs of Marketing at the Department of Marketing and Channel Management in the respective semester. It will further comprise an extensive Q&A regarding the content and the structure of the seminar, the organizational procedures, relevant milestones, key dates, and other issues as in how to organize subsequent internships or semesters abroad.
The information event will take place on Monday, Sept. 14th 2020, 14:00 - 15:00 in room ZHG 101
The slides of the information event will be available for download here. Please be aware that you must be within the network of the University of Goettingen in order to be able to download the files.
Registration and further dates:
- Registration for winter term 2020/21 is open from 14.09.2020 - 27.09.2020 by online-form
- Announcement of the topic allocation by e-mail: until 02.10.2020 expected
- Registration in FlexNow is open from 02.10.2020 - 23.10.2020.
- group-internal kick-off: tba by respective contact person