If you have a BA degree from the University of Göttingen or if you will finish your BA studies at the University of Göttingen soon - this applies to both non-international students and international students - please note the following steps:
1. If you intend to continue your studies at the University of Göttingen, you have to re-register for the next semester in time. If you decide not to begin your master studies at the University of Göttingen later on, you can request reimbursement of semester fees.
2. You can apply for a master programme even if you have not yet finished your BA studies. For an application you have to provide your FlexNow transcript with min. 150 ECTS. If your BA studies will be acknowledged as relevant for the master programme you applied for, a conditional admission will be granted allowing conditional enrollment.
3. If you have received a letter of conditional admission, you have to make sure that all exam scores of your BA studies including your BA thesis are registered in your FlexNow account by November 15th (application for winter semester) or by May 15th (application for summer semester) . If you write your BA thesis at another Faculty, you have to provide your BA degree certificate or an equivalent confirmation to the master coordination by that date.
Please notice: Acoording to a new regulation it is possible to receive an extension of the deadline for providing proof of your BA degree certificate until March 31st (application for winter semester) or until September 30th (application for summer semester). An extension of this deadline is only possible in the following two cases:
a) only the BA thesis is missing in order to complete your BA studies or
b) the BA thesis has already been submitted to the Examinations Office and max. 6 ECTS are missing for the completion of your BA studies.
The master coordinator will check which master students can receive an extension of the deadline and will inform the students after November 15th or May 15th (depending on the semester you applied for).
4. If you have received a letter of (conditional) admission, you have to hand in the "Antrag auf Änderung ihres Studienverlaufs" at the Office of Student Affairs. International students have to submit this document to the International Office (Mrs. El-Omar) instead.
5. After your enrollment you can register for the courses of your programme.