Qualification for career paths outside academiaYou can choose from a wide range of career opportunities after graduation: On average, 15 % of PhD graduates work in universities, 70% in enterprises and 12% work in the public sector. Therefore, GGG offers qualification for career paths in academia and science management within universities, as well as qualification for career paths in the business sector, in organizations, administration, NGOs and many more.
You can find offers to obtain professional competences within the course program and in further measures that aim at career paths outside academia.
a) Focus on Enterprises and Entrepreneurship (Cooperation und Innovation):
- Events and Schedule of the Südniedersachsen InnovationsCampus SNIC
- Events Young Entrepreneuers in Science
- online workshops for Start-up support (German) duringb WS 2022/23
- Start-up support
- Start-up Competition
b) further Career Paths outside Academia:
- Downloads and Learningmodules for your path from university to profession presented by the Career Service at Goettingen University
- Training for professional competencies at the faculties, e.g.at the Internship and Job Service at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Reports and valuable tips from alumni of GGG:
"It does not always have to be science: Career prospects in the area of “Mobility" after a doctorate” on May 20, 2019 .