- Research Assistant and Doctoral Student (since 2017)
- Doctoral student representative of the Faculty of Business and Economic Sciences (since 2018)
- Business Information Systems (B.Sc./M.Sc.): University of Göttingen (2011-2017)
- Competence Measurement and E-Learning (KME) with focus on Gamification
- Using Gamification to foster Intrinsic Motivation
Bossfights during Lectures with the Gamified Learning App "OffCourse"
since Oct 2018
During courses, students can use the gamified app to playfully answer questions about the learning content in the form of quizzes and receive individual feedback. Lecturers, on the other hand, can use statistics to determine the current state of knowledge during lectures. Developled in Project Seminar on System Development, the app has since been further developed by two students. Further information [in German] can be found at gamify.uni-goettingen.de.
Innovative Vocational Education for Sustainable Development (Inno-BBNE)
May 2017 - Oct 2019
Studies show that consumers are reminding of the lack of decision-relevant information or the lacking processing of information regarding the sustainability of the products they are interested in (for example, knowing where fair products are available, what quality criteria mean). Consumers see providing this information as an obligation of the company. Therefore, the focus of this project is on the so-called 'Point of Sale'. The aim is to further educate multipliers and training staff through the joint conception, development and testing of an innovative technology-based learning and working tool. At the same time, didactic approaches are developed with the help of which the competence of the trainees to design sustainable occupational action situations in retail can be promoted and supported. Further information can be found here.
Mobile Learning & Gamification
Wesseloh, H., Stein, F. M., Szelat, P., Schumann, M.: Bossfights in Lectures! - A Longitidunal Study on a Gamified Application for Testing Factual Knowledge, in: 4th International GamiFIN Conference, Levi, 2020, S. 31-40. (PDF)
Wesseloh, H., Schumann, M.: Einsatz von Gamification zum Fördern intrinsischer Motivation - Aktueller Stand der Forschung und Herleitung eines Forschungsmodells, Arbeitsberichte des Instituts für Wirtschaftsinformatik, Professur für Anwendungssysteme und E-Business, Universität Göttingen, Nr. 3, Göttingen, 2019. (PDF)
Decker, J., Wesseloh, H., Schumann, M.: Anforderungen an mobile Micro Learning Anwendungen mit Gamification-Elementen in Unternehmen, in: Knoll, M.; Meinhardt, S. (Hrsg.): Mobile Computing: Grundlagen, Prozesse und Plattformen, Branchen und Anwendungsszenarien, 1. Auflage, Wiesbaden, 2016, S. 173-188.
- Research Assistant and Doctoral Student: Chair of Application Systems and E-Business, University of Göttingen (since 2017)
- Team for Public Relations: Allgemeiner Studierendenausschuss (AStA) [Student Council], University of Göttingen (2015)
- Student Assistant: Chair of Application Systems and E-Business, University of Göttingen (2012-2017)
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (since 2017): Ph. D. in Economic Sciences
Dissertation Project: "Using Gamification to foster Intrinsic Motivation"
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (2014-2017): Business Information Systems (Master of Science)
Master Thesis: "Conception of a Mobile Micro Learning Application for Preparation and Post-Processing as well as Support of Classroom Trainings in Enterprises "
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (2011-2014): Business Information Systems (Bachelor of Science)
Bachelor Thesis: ": Requirements for Learning Content and Design Principles for Micro and Mobile Learning Applications in Companies in Consideration of Gamification Aspects"
- Christian Gymnasium Hermannsburg (2011): High School Graduation (Abitur)
Other Activities and Voluntary Engagement
- Administration of the postgraduate education programme "Master of Science in Information Systems""
- Representative for the Programme Specialisation "Business Information Systems" in Applied Computer Science
- Doctoral student representative of the Faculty of Business and Economic Sciences (2018-2020)
- Speaker of the Doctoral Students Representation of the University of Göttingen (2019-2020)
- Reviewer for GamiFIN 2019 and AMCIS 2020