Master of Science (MSc) in Management
- The master's degree programme in management is accredited by the Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (ZEvA Hannover).
- Language: German
- The standard period of study is four semesters.
- Students are admitted every semester (both Summer and Winter Semesters).
- Applications to be admitted in the winter semester are accepted between 1 April and 15 May. Applications to be admitted in the summer semester are accepted between 1 October and 15 November every year.
- Please use the online application form that is set to receive applications during the above listed timeframes. Applications from outside of Germany must also use the same online application form.
- You can submit an application even if you have not completed your studies, but have at least 150 credit points in a relevant bachelor's programme.
- The online application form and information on the application and admission procedure is provided under Application and Admission.
- 1. Mandatory courses (30 ECTS)
- 2. Specialization in management (24 ECTS)
- 3. Elective seminars and projects (12 ECTS)
- 4. Quantitative methods (6 ECTS)
- 5. Electives (18 ECTS) Under the electives section, many other courses may also be selected as long as they are in accordance with the examination regulations (see: "Maßgabe der Bestimmungen der Prüfungsordnung").
- 6. Master's thesis (30 ECTS)
The following illustration provides a schematic overview of the structure and development of the master's programme in management, including the recommended timeline for completing the work.
Illustration: Schematic overview of the structure of the master's programme in management
Identifying an appropriate minor
By selecting your courses carefully, there is the possibility to select two minors (from the list of eight options), which will be stated on your degree, as long as you successfully complete at least 24 ECTS in each minor. Specializations are:
- a. Information management
- b. Organization and development
- c. Human resources
- d. Production and logistics
- e. Corporate management and management accounting
- f. International business
- g. Resource and energy management
- h. Strategic management
The Faculty of Business and Economics offers you many opportunities to study one or two semesters at an international partner university. There are three different programmes, each with different partner universities and application deadlines:
- Erasmus+: You will study at one of the more than 60 partner universities of the Faculty in other European countries (only students of the Faculty of Business and Economics can apply for these programmes).
- Worldwide faculty programmes: You will study at one of the numerous partner universities of the Faculty of Business and Economics abroad, e.g. in the USA, Latin America, South Africa, Japan, China, South Korea and Thailand (only students of the Faculty of Business and Economics can apply for these programmes).
- Worldwide university programmes: You study at a partner university of the University of Göttingen, e.g. in Australia, India, the USA, Canada or China (all students of the University can apply for these programmes).
If you go abroad within the framework of one of the above-mentioned programmes, you usually do not have to pay tuition fees for studying at a foreign partner university (the University of Mississippi charges reduced tuition fees). Some programmes even receive additional financial support from the German Academic Exchange Service. Comprehensive information about the programmes, application deadlines and contact persons can be found here.
In our Database you can see which achievements/modules of other universities in Göttingen have already been recognized (in German). In order to keep your choice of course abroad as flexible as possible, we recommend that you complete modules from the elective area of your respective degree programme abroad.
If you would like to get into contact with other international and German students during your studies in Göttingen, please take a look at our Study Buddy Programme and our Exchange@WIWI events: www.uni-goettingen.de/de/613540.html. Both programmes serve to network international and local Göttingen students.
Job portal of the University of Göttingen with external job offers: Stellenwerk Göttingen (in German)