Department of Political Science
Welcome to the Department of Political Science at the University of Göttingen.
This site presents the Department's main areas of research to students and those seeking general information. The Department's seven professors and their staff research and teach the following aspects of the discipline: political theory, comparative politics and political economy, international relations, didactics of civic education, and the political system of Germany.
- Comparative Politics and Political Economy: Prof. Andreas Busch
- German Politics: Prof. Simon Fink
- Comparative Constitutionalism: Prof. Ran Hirschl
- International Relations: Prof. Anja Jetschke
- Global Governance and Comparative Regionalism: Prof. Tobias Lenz
- Political Science / Civic Education: Prof. Monika Oberle
- Political Theory and History of Political Thought: Prof. Walter Reese-Schäfer
The following pages introduce the faculty and staff and their research interests. You will further find information about our undergraduate and graduate programs and their structure, as well as current research projects.
The current Head of Department is Prof. Simon Fink. General questions to the Head of Department or general inquiries about political science in Göttingen can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The "News" site presents current events, job postings, special offers for first-year students, interesting extracurricular courses, and possible topics for theses and dissertations (especially in political theory and philosophy).