We see ourselves as a service unit and contact point for doctoral students of the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Theology. We provide advice and information on a variety of topics related to the doctorate. You can make an appointment at any time. All conversations are treated confidentially. We advise on the following topics:
General questions about the doctorate
- Duration, deadlines, rights and duties of doctoral students and supervisors, etc.
- Good scientific practice
- Information for people interested in doing a doctorate from abroad
- For international doctoral students: Advice and support in dealing with authorities and in other questions relevant to everyday life
- For students who are interested in a doctorate, we offer information events twice a year, which we announce in advance. Individual consultations are unfortunately not possible.
Funding and qualification
- Doctoral scholarships (basic information)
- Qualification and promotion offers of the GSGG and the university
- Equality, diversity, reconciliation of science and family
- Crisis situations (discontinuation of doctoral studies, etc.) and conflicts with supervisors