We provides our members with both support and qualification measures as well as specific consultancy services. You can contact us at any time and, if necessary, arrange an appointment to discuss confidential matters.
We offer consultancy on the following topics:
- General questions regarding the doctorate (duration, deadlines, rights and obligations for doctoral candidates and supervisors etc.) for doctoral candidates during the initial phase of their PhD
- Finding and applying for doctoral scholarships (choosing a foundation; contentual consultancy is done by the supervisor)
- Crisis situations (cancelling of the doctorate etc.) and conflicts with supervisors. Please do not hesitate to contact the ombudspersons of GSGG.
- Reconciliation of family life and scientific work
- Support and qualification measures
For international doctoral candidates:
- Information for prospective doctoral candidates from abroad
- Consultancy and support when dealing with authorities as well as other everyday issues
If you have any questions regarding the formal procedure of a doctorate, please contact the respective examination office.
Note for students:
Unfortunately, we cannot offer individual advice for students who are interested in a doctorate. We will announce the next information event in good time.
General information on doctoral studies in Göttingen can be found here.